Chapter 13: Overhaul

Start from the beginning

"Great." She said as the icicle fell and shattered on the ground. "Now try making two at the same time."

The door to the training room opened and the boss and Solus entered.

"Hya, Radioactive. Can I speak with you?" The boss waved. "Solus can train him in hand to hand combat for the time being."

"Sure thing, boss." She replied, turning to Todoroki. "Listen to Solus or whatever you call her."

Todoroki nodded and Radioactive followed the boss to the office rooms. They turned at door three.

The door opened and inside was a large neat office room. Cyanide sat in the corner in an office chair, her hair tied up in a neat bun with two strands framing her face. Her eyes were as expressionless as ever.

The boss closed the door and opened her phone. She tapped a few times before a glowing yellow portal opened in front of them.

A man with brown hair and an old fashioned birb mask walked in with a folder tucked under his arm. Solar followed and immediately closed the portal.

"Shinigami, I presume?" The man turned towards the boss. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

Cyanide POV

She observed the man carefully. Wearing a mask definitely was a smart move. Depending on the quality of the mask, her poison gas would not work on him. Although the manner in which he wore it, his movements and stance suggested that he wears it all the time.

"Shinigami, I presume? It is a pleasure to meet you." the man bowed.

"How do you know which one of us is Shinigami?" Solar questions, voice muffled by his mask.

"Your aurora." He replies. "Your gaze. How this masked young man is actually respectful towards you." He gestured at Solar, who held up his hands in defense, mumbling about how he's very respectful.

"Now what was that deal you wanted to make?" Shi asked.

"Simply put, I want a few of your members in exchange for research material and money." He flipped through his folder.

Shi raised her eyebrows slightly. "Research material?"

"One of our... subjects has a quirk that allows them to rewind objects. I thought you might like to research that quirk and potentially help us with making a product with this. " He took out a small box and opened it. "These are bullets that are designed to erase one's quirk. You could help us mass produce these for selling. We'll split the profit between us. And in the event that you create something with this, we can share the product or split the income."

He's up to something. There's more.

"But, Chisaki, who exactly is this person?" The boss questioned.

Chisaki looked surprised. Judging from his stance and flickering gaze, he was surprised that Shi knew his name. Cyanide suspected there was something else in this deal.

"I'll send some DNA samples." He said at last.

Overhaul POV

Did she read me? In that short amount of time? This is a real professional. Overhaul kept his calm and replied. "I'll send some DNA samples."

"Allright." The e/c female said with a disturbingly peaceful look on her face. Why was she so still? I was so confident that they couldn't see my intentions. Shinigami had figured it out. And that one- the dull eyed one could tell something was up.

He frowned in frustration as Solar opened another portal. Overhaul quickly left.

This was a failure. I didn't get any new information. His thoughts quickly flickered back to the dull eyed female. Except... maybe...