01 | Chelsea's training ground.. you know.. the football club?

Start from the beginning

"What am I? Your escort to the Grand Ball?" I said putting on a posh accent. Threw his head back in laughter. God that laugh... He held out his arm for me to link, imitating the people who enter a fancy gathering. I hesitated for a moment before linking my arm with his and we gracefully walked to first period. I never believed in the "sparks" I always read in book, mostly because they simply don't make sense. I mean, how could you feel some electrifying current when touching your supposed soulmate. I've ranted about how ridiculous it was to Willow one too many times but she only ends up trying to convince me saying it's all real and that her and her boyfriend always get that reaction. But I find it complete bullshit and see it as just her way of trying to get me into a proper relationship. The thought made me roll my eyes. It's just so unrealistic.

Romance.. how gross...

"So I have training after school if you want to come and watch." Tyler said looking down at me.

I scoff, "you know how much I hate football. I just find it pointless how—"

"You kick a ball around for 90 minutes, yes I know Nora." He rolled his eyes, "but just this once. It'll be fun and everyone's going to be there." He said with pleading eyes.

"I'll pass.." I said genuinely not wanting to go. Every time I went to one of his games or training I'd always be bored out of my mind. I can't seem to get the thrill and the passion everyone else seems to find in the game. My lack of passion always seems to be a buzz kill. I really do feel bad about not going and supporting him but I can't go through such agony just for his pleasure. I looked up at him and noticed how disappointed he seemed, "hey.. I'm sorry." We stopped walking so I can look at him better but he doesn't say a word. I sigh and engulfed him into a hug, "I'll go to your next game then buy you food afterwards?" I said hoping it'll reassure him. He relaxed into the hug, resting his head on top of mine which gave me the opportunity to breath in his scent. It always gave me some kind of comfort and pulls me into a world where it feels it's only just me and him. But the world slowly faded when I felt him stiffen up again.

"Tyler!" He pulled away from the hug and I turned around to see my friend Sabrina approaching us. "Oh, hey Nora. Didn't see you there." She gave me a smile. I took a quick glance at Tyler again to see him still stiff as a brick. I furrowed my eyes. Why is he acting weird? I brush the thought off quickly realising Sabrina was talking to us and I just nodded hoping I didn't agree to something ridiculous. Sabrina was always the one to come up with crazy and ridiculous ideas. One time she wanted us all to sneak into the Chelsea training grounds near the school so we could watch the hot guys play. We obviously disagreed with the idea because their security system is wild over there and we couldn't afford to get caught.

Sabrina and I were never really close. I've tried talking to her on many occasions but she always seems to respond dryly or in the shortest way she could, never striking a conversation. It used to bother me, thinking I've done something to upset her. I've asked around the group but they've never heard her talk shit or anything so I eventually got over it and accepted the fact that she just doesn't want to talk to me. We don't usually see eye to eye anyway..

————LUNCH————
"Do you know how to get back to your place, Nora?" One of my friends, Kirstie, asked. If you haven't noticed my friend group is kind of big. It started off with just 5 people but slowly grew to 11 over the years but I'm only really close with Willow, Tyler, Sky and Raven.

"Yeah, I just take the same route my mum does when driving. My house isn't far from school." I said taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"Does that mean you'll be walking past the training grounds?" Sabrina perked up.

"Training grounds?"

"Chelsea's training ground. You know... the football club." I started to not like the tone in her voice, she knew I didn't have any interest in football yet still makes me seem like a complete idiot.

I gave her a sarcastic smile, "I guess I am walking past that place. Why?"

She gasped, "god I'm jealous. What side are you going to pass.. I know the academy area is more for our age but let's be real, the senior squad have way hotter players."

I rolled my eyes at her ridiculous fantasies. As if any footballer from that place would go for any of us. "Thank you Sabrina for your insight but I really don't care who's in which department and how hot they are. For the entire walk I will be thinking about my bed and only my bed."

I felt a small nudge at my side and look over to see Tyler smirking at me, "you're so lazy." I rolled my eyes and continued eating my sandwich.

"Just wait til' you walk past them. I'm telling you, they'll change your life."

"Not everything is about boys Sabrina. And I'm not looking for a guy to fondle over."

"Why? Because you already have a guy in mind?" Willow blurts out, a blush crept onto my face as I sent daggers to Willow. She kept her eyes down at her food but I could still see that sly smile printed on her face. If only looks could kill.. I looked over at Sabrina to see her giving me the same death glare I was giving Willow. Was it something I said?

"Really? Who's the guy?" A girl named Annabelle asked, dragging her words as though she's teasing me. My blush grew even larger and I thanked my parents for giving me a skin tone that doesn't make it look so evident.

"There's no guy." I tried saying it as convincingly as possible. I felt Tyler's gaze on me but refused to look at him.. or anyone for that matter, afraid it would ruin my cover. My eyes were glued to my half eaten sandwich as I heard everyone teasing and disagreeing with my statement.

God this is going to be a long day..

————————
!!!THIS IS MY FIRST BOOK!!!
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. It's just a brief introduction to some of the characters and Nora's life. Mason will be introduced in the next chapter so don't worry.

Nora is 16 in this time and Mason is 17

I need to write a few chapters of the past tense before the present for some context and development of their relationship but I have so much in mind so it will be worth it