Chapter 67 - Bear-san Is Peerless

The results from the detection magic showed that the monster horde was scattered all throughout the forest.
In the middle of the forest, goblins, wolves, and orcs were separated into different groups.
If the number of monsters in the report was correct, there were 5000 goblins.
However, the problem was neither their strength nor their numbers.
The problem was that I didn't know if I had enough magic power.
Up to now, I have never used my magic power to the point of depletion. Just how much magic power I had, or how much of it I could release, I didn't know at all.
In the game, there was MP, magic points. In this world as well, there was a maximum magic power capacity.
However, I didn't know how to investigate it. Maybe there was one.
Hence, I didn't know how much magic power I had.
Also, unlike the game, the magic power you used was not fixed.
In the game, you would consume 10 MP when you cast a fireball. In this world, there weren't any standards regarding that.
Even if it was the same fireball, you could charge your magic power, and like that you could infinitely increase its power. In terms of MP, you could use 5, 20 or 50.
I didn't know how much magic power I could charge up.
This battle wouldn't be against monsters, but against the amount of magic power I could use.

「Swaying Bear, thanks for all your work until now.」

I caressed Swaying Bear's head as reward for running from the capital without a break until now.
Then I recalled Swaying Bear and summoned Hugging Bear.

「Hugging Bear, from now on, we will be running nonstop through packs of monsters, so I am counting on you!」

I caressed Hugging Bear's neck.
As I finished my preparations, I hopped on Hugging Bear and entered the forest.

Just after I entered the forest, a small number of goblins started to approach.
I instantly invoked wind magic and cut their heads off.
It was auto homing magic, a magic where you locked onto a target, then fired. After that, it would automatically seek at the target.
While using detection magic, I cut the goblins' necks.
A white bear ran through the forest.
At the same time, goblins' necks were cut.
I didn't count, but I think around 1000 heads were cut.
My magic power had not dried up yet.
I launched magic in the direction of a pack of goblins.
In Hugging Bear's path, there were goblin corpses without heads lying around.
A white shadow and wind magic ran through the forest.
Through detection magic, I could see that packs of goblins were disappearing. Only a few of them remained.
I didn't know how many monsters I had killed.
I still had plenty of magic power remaining.
In the game, I would have known how many points I would have left though.

From my position, on the right there was a pack of wolves, on the left was a horde of orcs, and lastly, in the center were wyverns.
Since I didn't know exactly when my magic power would dry up, I decided that exterminating the orcs would be more important than the wolves.
I postponed the extermination of the wyverns.
I had fought them in the game, but not in this world.
Fighting the monsters you knew you could fight first was the normal strategy in games.
It was really troublesome if the small fries surrounded you during a tough fight.
I brought out oren juice from the Bear Box and took a little break.
As I drank the oren juice, I asked Hugging Bear to go where the orcs were stationed.

「Hugging Bear, I'm sorry. Hang on for just a little bit longer.」

I hadn't killed even half of the monsters.
A few minutes later, I encountered the horde of orcs.
Unlike what I had done for the goblins, I increased the magic power charge of wind magic.
A goblin's and orc's neck strength was vastly different after all.

「It would be great if I could cut off their heads with twice the magic power.」

I fired the wind magic towards the orcs.
The orcs' heads were cleanly cut.
No problem, it seemed.
There were approximately 500 orcs.
Unlike the goblins, the orcs had higher endurance, and their strength was on an entirely different level.
That was why I would only kill them with ranged attacks.
The orcs brandished their weapons and rushed towards me with an abnormal speed for giants.
As Hugging Bear ran, some arrows came flying at us.
Orc Archers!
In the game as well, there were orcs that used bows and arrows.
The projectiles were really troublesome.
I wrapped Hugging Bear with wind magic.
There was magic coming at us as well.