Chapter 18 - Bear-san Receives Payment (For Sales)

I left the guild and went to the monster material purchasing counter in the adjacent building.
There were three counters, and two of them were currently serving guests. Naturally, I headed towards the open counter.

「Yo, Bear Missy! Are you selling wolves again?」

Gentz-san greeted me while laughing.

「I have other demons too.」

「Oh, is that so! The guild will buy anything you have for sale.」

For now, I took out ten wolves from the Bear Box.
The adventurers in the room became a little noisy.
Because a single person had brought ten wolves.

「It's a large amount today, too.」

Gentz-san called out instructions to the staff members that were further inside to carry the wolves.
Two people came out from the back to take the wolves.
When the counter was empty again, I took out ten horned rabbits.
The clamor from the already noisy adventurers in the room became even louder.

Incidentally, the horned rabbit was roughly one meter long.
Its appearance was pretty cute, but its jumping power was strong, so a jump attack from the front was dangerous.
It was quite possible for an adventurer who was equipped with weak armor to be gored at a bad angle and die.

「What's this, you also have horned rabbits? Were these defeated just recently?」

Once again, Gentz-san called out instructions for the horned rabbits to be carried inside.

「As usual, you don't skin them.」

「I don't know how to do it, and it's troublesome.」

「Well, from the guild's perspective, an increase in work is a good thing, but adventurers who don't learn it will receive less money.」

「I'll learn it eventually.」

For appearance's sake, I answered properly, but for now, I don't have any intention to learn.
It might be more correct to say that it's impossible.
I have just managed to become accustomed to the corpses of the demons.
As for skinning, that level is still too high for me.
While I was talking with Gentz-san, all the horned rabbits on the counter were carried away.

「Well then, ten wolves and ten horned rabbits for today, right?」

「Not yet, I still have the request from the guild master.」

「From the guild master?」

One orc body was taken out.

「Hey, hey, you even have orcs? Wait a minute, don't tell me you also have ten orc bodies?」

The height of an average orc ranged from two to three meters tall.
Forget carrying it by myself, even putting it on the counter was a problem.
When I took out the orc, the adventurers began to make noise again.

「That thing about an orc must be a joke!」

「But, there's no doubt that that's an orc.」

「Did you take it down by yourself?」

The adventurers were making a lot of noise, but I ignored them and answered Gentz-san's question.

「I did.」

「Just a minute, although I have doubts about your item bag, it'll be quite a problem if you take out ten orcs here. Please come to the freezer warehouse in the back.」

With Gentz-san's permission, I went towards the warehouse behind the counter.
As I walked, I heard the voices of the adventurers.

「Ten bodies is a lie!」