Jade leant down, feeling for a pulse. "You just knocked him out," she sighed in relief.

Scott came in from the back door, eyes wide at the scene in front of him. Jade was kneeling on the floor next to someone who he hoped wasn't dead, his best friend was rubbing his head in pain while his other cousin held a gun in his hand. He really didn't want to know. Those questions could be asked later. "Grab him," he ordered.

Stiles pulled the front door open quickly. Jade fired Isaac onto the grass as Scott threw Erica beside her fellow beta. Erica was still awake; her eyes were darting around in fear. Allison came down the stairs, a smug smile on her face.

"Kanima venom?" Jade asked.

"Kanima venom," she laughed, giving her friend a high five.

"I think I'm finally getting why you keep refusing me Scott," Derek sighed. It all made sense now. "You're not an Omega. You're already an Alpha of your own pack. But you know you can't beat me."

"I can hold you off until the cops get here," Scott said. The look on Derek's face slowly faded away. The sound of police sirens could be heard from not too far away. Max could feel his heart start to beat faster at the sirens, but not twice as hard then when a hissing was heard from the roof.

The group ran to stand away from the noise. The kanima was sat on the roof before it disappeared into the night. "Get them out of here," Derek commanded to Boyd.

Footsteps came from inside the McCall house as Lydia emerged. The group looked at each other in confusion. "Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?!" she yelled.

"It's Jackson," Scott whispered.

~

Allison sighed as she pulled up outside of Lydia's house. Jade sat forward in the backseat, waiting for someone to say something. Anything. The car ride had been quiet the whole way over.

"I need you to promise you won't say anything about what just happened," Allison said as she turned to face the strawberry blonde.

"I promise not to say anything about what just happened if someone can tell me what the hell just happened!" Lydia exclaimed.

"It's kind of complicated-" Jade began.

Lydia turned around so she could see her. "How about you start with why Derek was there? Or where Jackson went or what's wrong with Erica?" she said. When no one responded, she started to get even more irritated. Why did no one ever tell her anything? Why all the secrets? "Do you two need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?"

The answer to that was yes, but it probably wouldn't help the situation if they actually said that.

"Part of the reason why I'm asking is because Scott and I aren't meant to be seeing each other, okay? So it's better if you just keep what you know to yourself," Allison spat. It came out a lot meaner than what she had actually intended for it too.

"Fine. I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend, which is nothing, to myself."

She stopped her move to get out the car when Jade grabbed her shoulder. "Please wait."

"He's not just my boyfriend, you get that right? Just a for one second please try and remember-" Allison pleaded.

"Remember what!"

"Remember what it feels like!" Lydia's face dropped. "All of those times when you see him in school and you can't breathe until you're with him. Or, in class when you can't stop looking at the clock because you know he's outside waiting for you. Don't you remember what that's like?"

Lydia didn't answer for a while. She could lie and say yes, she remembered that feeling all too well. But what if she didn't want to lie anymore? "No."

"What do you mean "no" you've had boyfriends," Jade said softly.

"None like that," Lydia whispered, her voice cracking slightly. She left the car without another word, leaving the girls engulfed in silence.

~

Jade entered the gay bar that her friends were at. She finally saw them sitting at the bar but saw someone else; Danny Māhealani was sitting at the bar on his own. Taking the seat next to him, she rested her head on his shoulder. Recently over the last couple of weeks, the two had grown closer. He loved theatre too, which had made them even better friends due to auditions for the school musical. "Why the long face?" she asked.

When she followed his glance over his shoulder, she saw his ex dancing with someone. "You're better off without him."

"It still doesn't feel good, you know," he sighed.

"Actually I don't know because the only relationship I've been in was one when I was fourteen and it turned out to be a joke," she laughed. "But you wanna know what will feel good? That guy," she said, pointing to a dancer who was staring longingly at him.

After her work as a wing woman was done, she joined the rest of the idiots she called her friends. "Don't even say anything," Stiles hissed as he sipped his drink.

"What's up losers?" she said as she sat down. "Pink gin and lemonade please," she placed some money on the counter.

"Scott and I had our drinks paid for but Stiles didn't," Max laughed.

"Don't worry Stiles, Max'll pay for it," Jade joked. "Thanks," she said as she sipped her drink.

"How come you didn't get ID'd!" Stiles hissed.

"Because I'm awesome. I also have a fake ID so it wouldn't really matter," she whispered. "If any of you tell Mel that I'll skin you alive."

"Other problems. I found Jackson," Max interrupted, nervously pointing to the roof.

A/N

Max just really comes in and saves the day half the time huh 😭

I know I posted yesterday but I'm very impatient and couldn't wait to post this so yeah 👍