10: Chilton Bake Sale

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I know."

"But you go to school here. You've got to get off the bus," Rory said in a frantic tone. She suddenly stood up waving her arm in the air like an idiot. "Hey! He has to get off the bus."

"W-Wait!" Dean yelled, pulling Rory back into her seat. "You're forgetting something. Buses make stops." He reminded her, right as the bus pulled to a stop. Rory looked down, realizing he was right and hating herself for appearing like such an idiot. "Goodbye Lorelai Gilmore."

The second Dean was off the bus Cassie moved into her normal seat beside her sister. She immediately raised her eyebrows when she recognized the embarrassed look on Rory's face.

"So that's Dean?"

"Yeah... that's Dean," Rory nodded as the bus started up again, heading towards Hartford.

"He's cute, tall," Cassie told him, nudging her shoulder. "And he likes you," She added, in a sing-songy voice.

"He doesn't like me," Rory shook her head, trying to get back to her book.

Cassie shook her head, as she grabbed Rory's book from her hand. "Rory, wake up. Smell the freaking roses. He likes you."

"No, he doesn't. Guys don't don't like me, Cassie," Rory told her.

"What are you talking about?"

Rory sighed, she wasn't ready to have this conversation yet. She wasn't ready to tell Cassie that always felt like she was a second choice to her around guys. She didn't want to make her twin sister feel guilty for something she had no control over.

"Nothing, forget I said anything."

"Rory, don't be like that. You can tell me anything," Cassie turned in her seat but she could see that Rory wasn't ready to talk about whatever was on her mind. Rory reached over, grabbing her book back from Cassie. "Whenever you're ready, I'm listening."

"Mhm," Rory hummed, turning the page in her book.

Cassie knew something was bothering Rory. It was the same thing that's been bothering her since they turned 13. Cassie has always wondered what it was. Rory turned to her sister, leaning her head on Cassie's shoulder. Telling her sister that everything would be okay.

--☆--☆--☆--☆--☆--

It was safe to say that the twins were nervous about the spread Lorelai would come up with for the Chilton bake sale. None of the Gilmore Girls really knew their way around the kitchen. The only thing they knew how to do was pick up the phone and order food or eat the Halloween candy that was leftover.

But this required a little bit more attention. For all they knew all the Chilton moms were professional cooks putting together amazing tables to show off. The twins were worried that Lorelai would end up arriving with a box of poptarts and a bag of marshmallows. But Lorelai was smarter than that. She showed up to Chilton with a real chef and her best friend Sookie.

"Okay, we've got our French Fantasies. American treats, and our Italian sensations," Sookie told the twins as she applied the finishing touches to their table. "Well what do you think?"

"Amazing."

"It's perfect Sookie," The girls complimented.

"It is good, isn't it," Sookie nodded looking at her masterpiece. "Well, final touch."

"Oh, Can I do that," Rory asked when Sookie picked up the small torch.

"Oh. W-W-Whoa, Honey. This is a more delicate procedure than you might think," Sookie warned her. "It takes an expert hand," She said and at the same time she also managed to light their table on fire.