Chapter 20-Welcome back, Celine

Start from the beginning

I felt strong arms wrap around me and the person stumbled a few steps  back. I opened my eyes to stare into Zack's light brown eyes.

He had caught me. Oh thank you so much!

I thought I would die.

He was staring intently at me for a few seconds before dropping me on the ground. "Ouch! What did you do that for?" I glared at him while he just laughed.

We sat down in the car and drove home. "Did you get it?" Liam asked.

Ruth showed him the necklace and Liam gasped. "Wow. That's beautiful!" he exclaimed.

"There is a problem though." Zack said. "What is it?" Damien asked.

"A maid saw us."

"WHA-"

"Relax. Martha is a good woman. She keeps her promises. There's nothing to worry about." Ruth said before Liam could complete.

We stopped at a jewellery store before going home to exchange the necklace for money. Zack and Damien went inside. The shop owner was their friend and he had exchanged many stolen jewellery for money with them before.

***

"Finally!" Max yelled in triumph. "We got the 10 million dollars!"

"11 actually." I said.

The necklace was worth 5 million dollars.

"What are we going to do with the extra 1 million?" Max frowned.

"We'll keep it, what else." Ruth deadpanned at him.

"Right."

"We are meowlionaires now!" Max cheered.

We had a little celebration amongst the 6 of us. Damien looked happy as ever and my heart was doing a happy dance inside my chest seeing him so content.

Through out the night, he kept thanking me and Ruth. Everyone was just so happy.

We all went to sleep at 3 a.m. and when I woke up the next day, I found that Damien and Zack had already left to get Celine.

So now that Celine would be back, will these boys kick you out?

"Of course not! How can you even think that, Jennifer?!" Max scolded me with furrowed eyebrows.

I asked him if they will kick me and Ruth out of the house now that they got the money.

Ruth was glaring at Liam who kept saying that they would never do that while Max was frowning at me.

"Sorry, it's just that.. It's.. Difficult for me to trust people." I said looking down.

"Its okay, I understand that, Jen. But I will never leave you alone ever again. How could I?! You literally saved my life! You are my sister!" Max said as he hugged me.

***

The sound of loud laughters reached us as they entered.

I got up from the couch with Ruth standing beside me.

Zack, followed by Damien and... Celine walked in.

If I thought she looked beautiful in that picture, she looks like an angel in real life.

Her eyes were a lighter shade of blue than mine and her blonde curls looked so soft and maintained. She had such soft and pretty features that accentuated her beauty.

I felt so insecure.

Ruth, however, looked confident as ever. She had long red hair and brown eyes which always seemed to burn with a fire inside them. A few freckles were adorning her face and her confidence always spoke volumes.

She is beautiful too.

You are beautiful too, Jennifer. Why don't you see it?

"Welcome back, Celine!" Max yelled as he pulled her in a tight embrace.

"Max, let me go. I can't breathe." Celine laughed.

God, even her voice is so angelic.

What is not perfect about this girl?!

"I don't like her." Ruth whispered to me.

"You don't even know her yet." I whispered back.

"I don't need to know her to know that she's a bitch. Trust me, Jen. I can read people." Ruth stared into my eyes.

Maybe she's not so perfect, after all.

Liam greeted Celine as well and she kept smiling throughout the whole interaction.

Her gaze then landed on Ruth and me.

She gave us a confused look.

"Celine, this is Jennifer and Ruth. It's because of them that I am able to get you back." Damien told Celine as he gave an adorable smile to me.

To Ruth too.

Whatever.

"Oh! thank you so much, Jennifer, Ruth." Celine smiled at us.

I gave her a small smile too.

Ruth, however, didn't react. If anything, her face hardened.

"I am going to get us some ice creams! Liam come!" Max said before dragging Liam away.

Damien came towards us and gave a small hug to both Ruth and me.

I melted in his touch and warm embrace. My cheeks blushed and I couldn't help but smile like a fool, until Ruth pinched my arm and my smile fell.

Celine didn't look as happy to See this gesture of Damien's towards us.

"I missed you so much, baby." She said and wrapped her arms around Damien's neck, who pulled her closer to his chest as the both of them kissed.

Damien kissed Celine and he looked so happy. They looked so happy. Like a perfect couple. They seemed to completely ignore the rest of us as they kissed.

My heart seem to have shattered into two pieces. I looked away from them as my eyes welled up.

Without saying anything to anyone, I quietly walked out of the house because I didn't want anyone to see the stupid heartbroken look on my stupid face.

I told you, Jennifer. I told you that you'll just end up getting hurt.

Please, shut up.

Ruth came running behind me and immediately pulled me in a hug.

Being in her comforting embrace just made me break down.

"No, Jen. You will not cry for a guy. Stop!" Ruth said.

"Did they see me walk away?" I asked her in a wavering voice.

"No, only Zack did. But he didn't ask me anything. Those two were just busy sticking their tongues down each other's throat."

Ruth kept scolding me, telling me to stop crying for a guy.

"If you have to cry because of a guy, then that guy isn't for you, Jen. He should be the reason of your happiness, not your tears."

I shouldn't cry for him. I knew that he loved Celine. I knew that. I shouldn't have liked him. It's my fault.

I had to love a guy who already loves someone else. It is my fault!