10 - Ghosts

A/N k this is prob the last chapter I'm posting today but anyways well see- oh yea and (n/n) means nickname K HAVE FUN READING

You dreamt about Mamoru, all the things you guys did together, how much you missed her. But the dream wasn't grey, it wasn't empty and hollow, it wasn't a sad dream.

It was full of life, and spirit, and support. And love.

Your best friend was back.

Mamoru was back.

--

(Y/N) pov

You wake up, feeling well rested for once. The sky was bright but the sun hadn't risen yet. Walking into the kitchen, all the events of yesterday start to sink in. You grab a bowl and cereal, and the milk from the fridge and sit down. Sitting at the table near the window, you look out at the sky, waiting for the sun to start peaking its red rays over the beautiful view of buildings.

There was a flash of white, just swished by the window. With a mouth full of cereal, you get up and rush to the balcony, opening the door and letting the cold breeze rush through. The gust flew back into view and hovered above the balcony. You just stared at it, reliving the peaceful feeling it brought with it.

You walked backwards into the apartment, keeping you eyes glued on the gust. Finally you stepped back onto the kitchen tiles with gust having followed you in. You stared at it as it glowed slightly, then formed the silhouette of a body made of wispy clouds. Your eyes widened as the gust fully turned into a blue tinted person.

"Mamoru..."

"Hey (Y/N).."

The shy wave she offered was nothing like how you remember her, but at the same time it was.

You took a shaky step towards her, and she opened her arms wide. You broke into a run and collapsed into her arms, hugging her tight, afraid to lose her again. Her skin was cold and soft, almost like it was tangible air.

Tears spilled out of your eyes faster than you realized and Mamoru pulled back slightly to wipe the tears off your face with her soft thumbs. You slightly smiled as tears continued to run down your cheeks in warm streaks, cooling down once the air hit it.

"I missed you so much..." you said, your voice thick with emotion

"I know, I watched over everything you did, ready to jump in when you needed help" Mamoru responded

"And damn you have one powerful serve" she added

You giggled a little before sniffling, going back to hug her.

As all the questions finally came crashing into your head you pulled back once again

"Okay I have a bunch of questions" you said, not knowing where to start

"Just say em' all and ill respond in order, like when we were kids"

You smiled at the reminder, then compiled all the questions into one long paragraph, taking a deep breath in to say it all at once.

"How are you here? And how do you look like my age cause your kinda a ghost right now? And what do you mean watching over? And was that you that pushed me into the moonlit field? And did you heal me yesterday night? And were you watching me that day outside the window for my first volleyball meeting? And am I crazy or did I literally watch you get kil-"

You cut yourself off, thinking you crossed some invisible line

But Mamoru being Mamoru, she smiled, took a massive breath in, and ranted it all out at once really fast knowing you could process info super fast.

"I'm an astral form....? Idk I'll explain in a sec. Apparently I can appear how I want to but I've only ever made myself appear how I would be if I was alive. With the occasional dyed hair of course. I was watching over you and everything you did to make sure you were okay after everything that happened. Yup that was me, I had a point of pushing you there but I guess you weren't fully ready yet, though the beginning of volleyball practice says differently...uh yea I did heal you. Thank god that white haired kid opened the window otherwise I couldn't do anything. ALSO GIRL EAT MORE. hehe yes I'm a stalker >:) and finally yes I did get killed by whatever her name is 🙄 but I mean it kinda worked out cause I'm like the wind princess or something...? I don't really know the specifics but somehow she killed me and I became the wind spirit and I kinda just decided to use my pOwErS to protect you. HA I'm like Yue but with the wind!" (A/N njfeknfj no one kill me for my avatar references I just can't resist-)

........silence

"Okay wow that's a lot to take in at once-" you muttered out, trying to make sense of everything

Mamoru chuckled and hummed in agreement.

"..you still gotta get to practice though-" she abruptly reminded you

Realizing the time, you sped finished your breakfast and got changed, putting on your uniform faster and neater than most days.

"Hey wait hold still for a sec.." Mamoru says, having been watching you the entire time

"Hm?" you questioned, before being cut off by a massive burst of wind to the face

"MAMORU WHA-"

"Oh for god's sake (n/n) just look in the mirror" she said, interrupting you

You turned and walked the couple steps to the floor length mirror (A/N the next chapters hopefully gonna be like a mini Pinterest board for what the apartment looks like, like layout n stuff, and also just like the general aesthetic) and gasped as your hair now looked super shiny and flowy like you had spent all morning blow-drying it.

"Yea yea its pretty and all save the thank you's and immense gratitude for later, YOU HAVE PRACTICE"

After saying that, Mamoru pushed you out the door and watched you lock it, before disappearing into a puff of wind and following you closely behind as you stepped into the elevator. Once you were outside on the ground floor, the wind brushed past your ear and as it did, you heard "i'm here if you need me". Then the wind was gone, except for the distant rumbling of trees.

You smiled to yourself before checking the time, which was actually the perfect amount of time to go to your locker and get to volleyball practice.

--

You get to your locker and start unloading the books onto the shelf, before coming across a container with a sandwich. There was a pastel green sticky note attached to the lid reading

"This better be eaten before school ends
-Mar

P.S

Ill know if you don't so u better  >:)"

You chuckled to yourself about the old nickname, and the fact that she wasn't kidding about knowing if you ate or not. You put the container on the middle shelf of the locker and grabbed your books then headed to the gym where practice took place.

You passed the hallway of windows, smiling at the memory, before eventually getting to the gym. You stepped inside being the fifth one there, after Sugawara, Daichi, and of course Hinata and Kageyama.

You headed straight for the change rooms and changed into practice clothes, then headed back to the gym and started warming up in the corner.

Tsukishima walked in and your heart skipped a beat as your eyes met. You looked down and went back to stretching as Tsuki went to change. But one thought kept circling your head and it was all you could focus on.

What did Mamoru mean when she said you weren't ready? Or when she said that the beginning of last practice meant otherwise?

A/N thats all for today folks! See you in like 6 months JKJKJK (possibly-)

fr tho ima try and have the pin board up maybe by end of today but that might not happen- ill try 

-Taari

-1305 words-