9 - Life (kind of)

"What just happened- all I remember was being in so much pain and starting to lose consciousness then it wasn't hurting as much and the pain started to go away and then it was gone and I heard someone whisper "I'm here" and the pain was gone and next thing I know I'm waking up and I feel like I should know the voice but it-.........."

You gasped after that long ramble; it finally clicked in your head.

You knew the voice.

You knew that voice.

It's a voice you would never forget.

--

(Y/N) pov

Thoughts and memories and images and questions circled in your head like a tornado, flashing by so fast you couldn't focus on anything. But one thing you made out over all the chaos.

It was her voice.

"What happened?!" Suga exclaimed.

The question brought you back to reality.

Your eyebrows scrunched together trying to think through the mental noise.

"...what?" you asked.

"You paused mid sentence and gasped, what happened?" Suga repeated.

You tried to come up with something better than 'oh I heard my dead best friend's voice while being magically healed', then you remembered the source of this whole fiasco.

"I just remembered I haven't eaten in like 3 days..." you mumbled out, trying to make the half lie convincing.

It's true you haven't eaten in days, it's just that it hadn't been the reason you gasped before, but Suga didn't need to know that!

"...okay so are you able to stand up? Or...." Suga asks

"Yea I'm fine I can walk" you respond, slightly annoyed he asked that.

Or it could have been the hangryness talking. But either way you could walk. You stand up, maybe a little too fast since your vision goes dark and you're dizzy, but you just walk through it knowing it'll pass in a couple seconds. You go to grab your belongings from off the floor, since they had dropped when you collapsed from the pain. You clean everything up and sling your backpack over your shoulder, then walk back towards Suga and follow him towards the Cafeteria.

Passing through the halls the sun is long gone, and in its place a full moon, and a sky filled with brilliant stars, all different colours. You pause walking and talk in the view from the wall of windows. It was simply breathtaking.

It took the absence of light to see the beauty of the universe.

You stood watching for a while, just taking in the beauty, wanting to be there forever. The noise in your head slowly faded, until it was blissful silence. Simple peace. Just existing.

"Amazing isn't it?"

You look to your left and see her. Mamoru. Standing beside you in all her beautiful glory. Long brown hair, sways gently from time to time just naturally. Bright, beautiful eyes, the prettiest shade of grey-ish amber you have ever seen. She was simply glowing in the light of the full moon. Tears welled in your eyes as you continued to stare into hers.

"It really is..."

A hand gently wrapped around your forearm, and you turned back to the right, seeing Suga look slightly concerned, more-so now that he had seen the tears threatening to spill over.

"Who you talking to?" Suga said with a gentle tone.

"Myself.." you mumbled,

Taking one last glance at where Mamoru had stood, the spot now being empty, you let Suga drag you to the cafeteria.

--

You sat on the counter like a little kid while you watched Suga make a grilled cheese sandwich, complete with the crust cut off, in the cafeteria kitchen. It was refreshing honestly, to have someone taking care of you.

A plate was placed on your lap, the heat of the freshly melted cheese on the perfectly crispy bread seeped through and was warming up your legs. Though you preferred cold, the occasional heat certainly was nice. You lifted the sandwich gingerly and took a bite, savoring how the cheese stretched as you brought the sandwich away from your mouth, and how everything just tasted amazing. Either Suga was an amazing cook, or you were just that hungry.

You finished the sandwich, taking the glass of iced mango juice that Suga somehow had time to grab without you noticing, and took a cold fresh sip. The cold liquid ran down your throat, cooling the burning of emotion you didn't realize was there. You felt it reach your stomach and the internal cold just cooled down your whole body, you felt...fresh.

"Let's get you home, kay?" Suga suggested

You nodded and placed the empty dishes in the nearby sink, before grabbing your backpack from the ground and following Suga out the double doors and towards the front of the school.

Outside was colder than you'd imagined, but again it was nice to feel the slight cold sting the tips of your fingers, and the body heat pooled around your neck. You took an extra deep breath, feeling the cool air fill your lungs, stretch your upper body, then exhale everything into a light cloud of fog in front of you. You smiled gently before walking the rest of the way to your apartment with Suga.

You walked past the security guard at the door, and clicked the button to go up, watching as it lit up with a blue ring. The elevator dinged and you stuck your arm out to hold the elevator door open, waiting for Suga to walk in.

"Oh no no, don't worry about me, I live just down the street so I'm going to head home" He responded while smiling gently.

"Oh okay, your choice" you responded indifferent

You walked into the empty elevator and clicked the button to your floor, before waving at Suga as the doors closed.

You heard a ding once again and walked out the heavy sliding door, before going towards your apartment and sliding your key into the lock. You turned it twice towards the left before rotating it back and twisting the knob to walk into your apartment.

You placed your backpack on the floor, beside the mat where you put your worn shoes. You hung your keys on the hook beside the door before placing both latches for safety.

You walk through the apartment, past the living room and kitchen, and finally into your room. You took a couple minutes to change into comfortable clothing, opening the window to cool down the room. A cool fog was washing through the room like wispy water, cooling everything it touched. You watched as it swept past your feet and the room was a comfortable cool temperature, somehow making you even more tired.

You lied down on your double bed, pulling the fluffy white covers towards yourself, and drifted into the most peaceful sleep you'd had in years.

You dreamt about Mamoru, all the things you guys did together, how much you missed her. But the dream wasn't grey, it wasn't empty and hollow, it wasn't a sad dream.

It was full of life, and spirit, and support. And love.

Your best friend was back.

Mamoru was back.

A/N

I wanted the ending of the chapter to be powerful so thats why the authors note is so low down

but anyways THAT MAKES 2 TODAY!! I have 7 mins till the bell rings so time to edit the third chapter-

IGHT BE BACK IN A FEW!!

-Taari

-1203 words-