4 - Darkness

(Y/N pov)

Light. That's all I could process. It was just pure, white, light.

Everything was floating. But all I could see was him. Tsukishima. And he was floating too. His hair was going crazy, and frankly so was mine. There was this odd breeze that just surrounded us, and floated us closer. I closed my eyes, enjoying the free feeling. The wind through my hair, the way my body had no weight, I didn't have to do anything. I didn't have to keep a constant mask on. Just for this moment, I let everything go. It was simply heaven. Then as sudden as ever, it drops.

All my weight suddenly returned to me, all my senses were overloaded, and for a second I forgot to put my act back up. Everything was hurting and sore and tired, but I pushed past that, as I tried to rebuild the wall I had just let crumble. Then I realized Tsukishima was watching my every move, he had seen me. The real me.

And that scared me.

You glanced down at the slight tugging sensation on your right wrist, now seeing that there was a string connecting the two of you. Your eyes trailed up the string and you were met with Tsukishima's bright honey-coloured eyes. For a second no one could do anything, just stay still and stare into each other's eyes. You saw conflict, surprise, but also something more. Something deeper you couldn't decipher. You both looked away, slightly blushing and flustered.

"So your (L/N) huh?" He questioned, clearly already knowing the answer.

"No I'm a purple platypus bear. Of course I'm (L/N)" (A/N If u get that reference I love u) you responded, having finally recovered to your usual self.

He just scoffed and placed his headphones on his head, pressing play on a song. You walked out of the room, as quietly as possible and returned to the Cafeteria, using the path that you came from to get there. Once there you got your bento out and headed to the roof since you just like high places.

Bar by bar, you slowly ascended the ladder towards the roof. As your foot crunched down on the gravel, you closed your eyes and took a deep breath of the fresh air, enjoying the way it cooled your body down. You sat down and glanced up at the sky, watching the wisps of clouds slowly growing farther away. You plugged your headphones into your ears and played some music, completely forgetting about your bento. Closing your eyes and taking a deep breath, you began to relax, and eventually fell asleep.

--

Run.

That's all you could think of as the monster chased you down a road. You spotted a house, the only one you had seen for miles. You ran to open the door, it was unlocked. Lunging in and closing the door behind you, you slid down onto your knees and panted heavily trying to regain your breath. Then you froze. Sitting on the mantel was the same blue glass jar that had your favourite candy in it. The one that was there every time you walked in.

Home.

Tears began to well in your eyes as memories flashed through your head. Happily eating pancakes at the dinner table while your parents laughed in the kitchen. Being tucked into bed by your mother, while your father set up the star nightlight on your desk. Being handed a small white bear plushie and hugging it as tight as you could.

Being engulfed in a group hug from your parents and grandparents as you blew out the 4 candles on your cake, but a voice pulled you back to reality.

"Stay here and don't do anything bad okay?"

'O-ok"

You slowly walked to the end of the hall and turned into the doorframe on your right. There stood your grandparents frantically looking for something, and little you just sat on the couch and continued to watch Max and Ruby.