7 - Volleyball Practice

Understanding the hidden meaning behind the raised eyebrow, you took a deep breath. The gust was floating outside the window in you field of vision, doing a flip once you looked at it. You looked back at Suga, nodding with an intimidating aura surrounding you.

"Alright then, lets begin"

(Y/N) pov

The world was in slow motion and Suga set the ball to Tsuki. He jumped up and raised his arm. Your eyes slightly widened and heartbeat picked up as the lights behind him created a stunning silhouette. You got into position and his hand made contact with the ball. Time stopped, then it was back to normal. You jumped slightly to the right and received the ball, aiming for Suga to catch it again. Tsuki landed and Suga caught the ball but you were frozen, standing there looking slightly scared, while inside a war raged. A flurry of emotions and memories clouded your vision. The noise causing you to feel dizzy. You bent your knees slowly as you lowered yourself to the floor. Putting your head in your knees as you did your best to process everything that was playing through your head.

Every memory, every branch, every emotion led back to her. Mamoru. You missed her so much, so much you didn't notice the tears rolling down your face. Your stomach felt like it was being hollowed out and squeezed. Your heart felt like it was being stretched in a thousand directions. But you focused on the blurry blob out the gym window. Your vision slowly cleared and the memories stopped invading your head. After what felt like hours of excruciating pain. Everything stopped. You felt strangely peaceful. The tears had stopped and nothing was spinning or hurting or... anything.

As you continued to stare at the floating gust of wind, it moved closer to the window, then moved quickly to the left and back, almost as if it was pointing. You looked to your left and saw Suga and Tsuki running towards you, while everyone else stood in the background continuing to play as if nothing happened. Suga crouched down and looked at you with concerned eyes and the 'I told you so' face. Tsuki was just crouched behind you, looking like he was trying to hide his concern but also wanting to help. He slowly put his hand around your shoulder and guided your smaller frame so that you were leaning against his. Suga raised his eyebrows at the gesture but brushed it off and asked if you were ok.

"I'm fine" you replied, sounding tired

Suga looked at you, clearly doubting the truth of your answer, before looking up and nodding seriously at Tsuki. You were confused for a second before you felt a pair of hands grab your waist, and lift you up with ease. You squealed slightly at the sudden gesture. At having no feet on the ground, instinct kicked in and you pushed against gravity, feeling yourself get lighter in Tsuki's arms, almost as if he was having to hold you down instead of up.

"You're lighter than I expected" Tsuki said to you, sounding slightly concerned.

"Ya same..." you mumbled to yourself.

You knew the lack of food over the years had resulted in some weight loss but right now you felt like a balloon with helium. You closed your eyes and relaxed any muscle in your body, the ease of pressure on your core was decreased, even though you hadn't noticed it was there in the first place. You felt your weight return to normal as Tsuki slightly groaned.

"...yup that's more what I was expecting..." He mumbled.

Tsuki brought you to the bench. He plopped you down before sitting beside you, only a little space between you two.

"I can still walk you know" you said while glaring at Suga.

"I'm not taking any chances" Suga replies, smiling gently to ward off the glare.

You rolled your eyes looking away and back out the window, only to see the gust gone. It was so strange. It had almost human-like behavior, with emotions and reactions. You knew it wasn't possible but the amount of times you had seen it and interacted with it would prove otherwise.

You wanted to go outside and check but it was the middle of volleyball practice, furthermore your first one in a while and with this team. You stood up and walked to the volleyball cart, hesitating slightly before grabbing a ball and bouncing it a couple of times. The emotions were still there, but much more dull. It was enough to let you push them aside and play.

Because of the immense practice from grade 7, you were skilled in receiving, spiking and setting, all of which were immaculate. Your reaction speed let it all happen seamlessly and the back to back practices had made you very strong, which never seemed to deplete when you took time off from the sport.

You held the volleyball up while placing one foot back, wanting to test out the skills of Karasuno's current libero, you called out Noya's name before running forwards slightly and throwing the ball up, you jumped and raised your arm, serving the ball overhand with a decent amount of power, aiming right for Noya's arms who was standing ready at the opposite side of the gym. Your server closely resembled Oikawa's, and if anything it was stronger and more powerful, and somehow more graceful in a way.

Noya tried to receive it, but it bounced off his arms and rolled towards Daichi, who along with everyone else, looked shocked. You stood back up, regaining your confidence. Everyone was silent for a solid minute before you started walking towards the net. You wanted to break the rust off and try out all the skills you had practiced before, so you called Hinata, asking him if he wanted to spike for you. He's Hinata, of course he said yes.

You took a deep breath as Hinata threw the ball at you and started running. Your eyes narrowed as you watched his foot pattern and as he bent down to jump, you sent the ball right towards him. He swung his arm forward and hit a straight shot. He landed back on the ground and was running around like a maniac. He suddenly stopped right in front of you with the most serious face you have ever seen on him. Not gonna lie it kind of startled you.

"That. Was. AMAZINGG"

Scratch that. Hinata startles you. His adorableness makes up for it though.

Kageyama looked like he was contemplating a war in his mind. Basically reading his thoughts, you asked him if he wanted to set for you. His eyes opened wide before smiling in the slightest and jogging over to the net. By now you easily had the attention of the entire gym, and it was pin drop silent as you got ready to toss the ball up. The emotions thus far, minus the very first receive, had been pretty subdued so it all came down to focusing on spiking. You tossed the ball towards Kageyama before sprinting and jumping right before the net. The wind flew through your hair as you jumped, your waist lining up with the top edge of the net. The ball came flying towards you and stopped just above your hand, you let it fall for just a second before slamming your hand down. The ball warped on impact with the ground as your feet touched down, almost silently.

"(L/N), your our new trainer."

A/N
Uhm hello. Been a good month or 2...
So I missed Halloween but I wanna do a special so that's gonna be next chapter, ignoring the lateness.........
K HOPE U INJOYED BYEEE!!

-Taari

-1282 Words-