chapter 30

"Y/n" M/n's voice was stern, she wore a look that Y/n understood well.

"I will, I- I promise.." She fidgeted with her fingers.

"Sweetie, I'm doing this for you" Her mother spoke as she caressed her cheek. "I'm only trying to keep you safe, those men aren't your friends, remember that"

Y/n kept quiet.

"Y/n, are you listening?" Her mother lifted her chin. "Do you understand?"

"Yes, mother" She answered quietly.

"Good girl" M/n muttered. Honestly, Y/n liked it more when Ran said it. "Make me proud, little dove" Her mother kissed her on the forehead.

"Mother?" Y/n called before her mom could walk away.

Her mother turned. "Yes, sweetie?"

"Have you seen dad..?" She asked hesitantly.

"Oh.." Her mother blinked. "Your father left early since he has some business to attend to"

"On Christmas?" She asked. "I thought he said he'd be free for the rest of the holiday?"

"Well, your father's job is very hands-on." Her mother explained. "You know this, he's a busy man" M/n then left.

Y/n's father never leaves without saying goodbye to her. She checked her phone, no texts either. Also, Naoto was still missing. What was going on?

She suddenly felt sick for some reason.

.

.

.

Y/n slowly walked back to the table where Bonten waited, she watched their raw expressions as they talked to each other.

She feels so conflicted, was she even doing the right thing?

Of course, she knows they're criminals, she even witnessed Sanzu shoot someone. But they haven't hurt her, they were all really nice and gentle.

But maybe she's being biased. Just because they're nice to her, it doesn't make them less of a criminal. But then again, are they really so bad?

After all, she didn't know what they really do, but it also contradicts that idea. She doesn't know their intentions, did they kill for good? or do they kill for selfish reasons?

It hurts her brain to think about it.

She's finally here, all she had to do is execute the plan and be done with it. Her parents will be proud and everything will come back to normal.

Right?

She glanced at everyone in Bonten before looking at her feet. She's really regretting telling her mother about it.

Because she opened her mouth, now Bonten's in danger.

Her vision was narrowing and breathing became difficult. Why was it so difficult to breathe when you think about it? Or maybe it was just the air?

Y/n never experienced drowning before, but she assumes this is what it felt like. No matter how much you breathe, no air was coming in or out.

It just felt heavy and stuck for some reason.

Maybe she was going insane?

She wants to walk away and forget all about these. If only there was a way to get away.

On second thought, she didn't want to face anyone in Bonten right now. And so she walked out towards the garden.

The balcony was empty and so is the garden, everyone had entered already since the firework display was done.