chapter 29

The fireworks were about to begin in a few minutes. Y/n wondered where her father was, she looked around trying to find him but to no avail.

Naoto was also nowhere to be seen, she wanted to talk to him but she decided it can wait until later on. But for now, she wanted to watch the fireworks in peace.

She and the rest of the men decided to watch the fireworks on the balcony while all the guests watched from the garden.

Before Y/n could join the others, Ran had called her.

"Is there a problem Ran..?" She asked.

Ran stood in front of her, admiring her beauty. "About earlier, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to scare you"

She smiled. "No it's fine" She reassured him. "I think it's partially my fault for pushing your buttons, so, I'm sorry too"

They smiled at each other. "Uhm, there's one more thing" Ran then handed her a box.

Y/n hesitantly took it. "What's this for?" She let out a small laugh. "You didn't have to bring a gift.."

"You're right, but that doesn't mean I won't" He waited for her to open it.

It was a camera.

Y/n looked at Ran who bit his lip before speaking. "I know it won't be as special as your previous camera" He explained. "But I hope you'll use it to capture new moments you wanted to preserve-"

The camera flashed and cut him off, she then laughed. "There, I want to preserve this memory." He looked at her like a deer in the headlights which made her smile more. "Thank you, Ran. I love it"

The photo was Ran smiling as he was speaking, his eyes looking down and his cheeks slightly tinted pink. Y/n admired the photo.

She then wrapped the camera's strap around her neck. Then she held out her hand which Ran took. "Well then, shall we make new memories to capture?"

Y/n pulled him and they walked with their hands intertwined. Ran then remembered the day he wondered what would it feel like to hold her hand.

And now, he couldn't explain it. But the best way he can put it to words was; safe.

.

.

.

The fireworks filled the blank night sky with bright colors of light. Each hue illuminated their faces. Y/n was no longer watching the sky.

Instead, she was watching each of the men's expressions. Each of them had a child-like wonder in their eyes and smiles on their lips.

Was it weird to think that she wanted to stay in that moment forever? Probably not, since no one can hear her thoughts and so no one can judge her.

It was a moment she wanted to preserve forever, and so she took a picture secretly. She wants to remember this night as a time when she had fun with them.

She wondered what would their life like together if they weren't on opposites sides of society. Would they hang out like this too? She hopes they do.

"Hey" Someone had poked her cheek. It was Sanzu. "The firework display isn't on the ground".

For some reason she found his words comforting, she knew what he meant and so she smiled.

"See? isn't that much better?" He spoke again making her laugh a bit, it was weird for her to see him comfort her. "There she is. I admit you look really pretty when you smile"

His words were genuine, which surprised him as well. Sanzu didn't know he can compliment and even comfort someone so naturally.

"Oi stop flirting with her" Takeomi flicked Sanzu's forehead.