chapter 2

She felt fucking badass right now. Like a spy of some sort, pretending that her camera is a sniper.

 She really is stupid. 

Well at the moment her actions were seen as harmless fun since the source of noise didn't really feel dangerous or eerie. So let's give our dear Y/n some slack. She slowly and steadily walked around corners, peeking before completely walking in.

As she neared, that's when she realized that she wasn't supposed to be where she is. In her peripheral, as she glanced in a corner, she saw a man tied in a folding chair, full-on gagged and bloodied. He was whining and struggling to get his restraints off. 

She held her breath and with shaking hands, she lifted her camera and took a shot and as she did, the man that was tied up went quiet. Dead.

The man was shot.

It took her a few moments to process what happened. Holy fuck she's gonna die. That's when her brain finally processed that she needs to get the hell out of there and never come back. 

Great plan Y/n, now run. 

She bolted outta there faster than Lightning McQueen could say Ka-chow. She checked behind her as she continued to run like a fugitive, it was the biggest mistake you can make when running.

Someone had held her arm so firm she was sure it was about to break, the weight of the camera around her neck felt light all of the sudden, and her instant fight or flight instinct was to kick anyone where the sun doesn't shine; it didn't matter if it was a woman or man, it will hurt either way. 

She didn't see their faces, as soon as she was let go by the other person, she grabbed her camera back from the other person and continued to run.

She must be God's favorite to get away that quickly. Well, she's not Mary Sue, so, she might've gotten away that time but not the next.

Or maybe she will, who knows?

Not me.

It was a miracle for her to reach her apartment in one piece. The run was so chaotic, she lost- well more like she left her umbrella in a panic, and that umbrella wasn't even hers so she made a mental note to apologize to the original owner. 

She immediately went to her bathroom to wash up the sweat and rain from her. And also she needed something that can calm her down.

The comforting temperature of the water slowly calmed her down. Then after she finished she just wore any comfortable clothing she randomly grabbed from her dresser before proceeding to prepare her dinner. 

As she ate, she just reorganized some things on her laptop's file. Like what even is this file name?

 'asyudhcnhd.docx'

Oddly enough, she had forgotten the previous events or maybe it was just because of adrenaline, she doesn't care anymore since it had already slipped her mind. 

She yawned and decided to turn in for the night, seeing as it was already 9 and she needs to be up by 12 am. She closed her laptop and stretched as she walk towards her room. 

Her reflection showed on the camera's lens that sat idly on her counter.

She woke up at 12 midnight on the dot and immediately got ready since she knew if she stayed in bed for a little longer, she'll fall asleep. 

I know you're curious as to why the fuck does Y/n needs to be awake at 12 midnight. Well, my friends, Y/n works part-time at a convenience store and her shift starts at 1 am. A very odd time for a shift, I know but things are quite complicated.

The owner of that convenience store is none other than her aunt; not a blood-related aunt. That aunt was her nanny when she was a little girl so they're basically family. Her aunt's mother- Y/n grandma; also not blood-related to Y/n, is at the hospital and her aunt would be the one taking care of her since her grandma's condition is very complicated and only accepted care from a familiar face.

So Y/n was kind enough to lend a helping hand and manage the store while her aunt is out. And plus she gets paid and she can eat anything. 

You might say- well her aunt can just close to store while she takes care of her mother. No. Of course, her aunt needed money to pay the bills. Now let's get back to Y/n, who is currently entering the convenience store where her aunt was fixing up some things before leaving.

"Hey auntie, I'm here" She greeted as she made her way behind the counter.

"Hello dear." Her aunt greeted her back with a quick glance before checking her bag again. "Well you know the drill, I'll be back by 1"

Y/n smiled at her aunt and nodded. "Take care" She waved as the woman exited the store.

She then tied her hair up and wore an apron to complete the look. She also changed the music playing on the speakers and proceeded to restock some items and check the one's near expiring. 

Once she was done with the rest of the store, she focused on the counter, humming the song as she organized the shelf behind the counter.

The little bell rang indicating someone had entered, she turned to greet the customer. She almost died in shock to suddenly see a scary-looking man with a wide scar from his forehead to chin, right on his right eye. He was standing by the counter looking at her with a bored expression.

== Oho ho, who's this? ==