chapter 7

"What's with the smile?"

She looked up to see the brothers, again. Her smile dropped, not suddenly though, she was just upset her daydreaming was interrupted. Y/n stood still by the entrance and just stared at them with an unreadable expression. 

Ran was leaning by the car twirling what she assumed was her keys and Rindou standing casually beside his older brother with his hands on his pockets. Both look a lot better than before.

"Well?" Ran approached her and tossed her keys towards her. "Don't worry, we've cleaned it"

She caught it. "Thanks," She said before stuffing it inside a small pocket in her bag. She'll definitely disinfect her keys again once she arrived at her apartment. "What?" The two brothers were just looking at her.

"Aren't you going to that abandoned market to take a photo?" Rindou asked tilting his head. "As my brother said, we're driving you to your destinations today"

"What?" She asked again, she thought that was just for the morning. "Don't you two have something else more important to deal with or something?"

"You're not wrong" Ran shrugged as he stood on her right.

Rindou followed and stood on her left. "We're already doing that important thing, now get in the goddamn car"

She obliged without making any small comments which somewhat threw the siblings off. They've known the girl for just one day, there's so much more to uncover but they can tell there was something different about the girl. 

She's too... calm. The brothers glanced at each other, sending messages through their eyes.

The whole drive was basically like that. Y/n stared out the window with her mind elsewhere while the brothers looked at each other communicating in their own language. 

The car stopped and she said a quick goodbye and thanks before stepping out. The brothers followed her out.

"Hmm?" She turned to look at them. "Aren't you leaving?"

"Not yet" Rindou answered not looking at her.

She looked at them with confusion then Ran spoke. "Not until you're at your apartment, safe and sound"

Now, don't be fooled. They're not being told to be her bodyguard or anything. Y/n may not know this but these men are no ordinary people. And soon she'll know what the real purpose is as to why these brothers are following her everywhere.

"Right.." She eyed the two suspiciously before awkwardly pulling out her iPad to take a photo of the exact place. She took exactly six photos, checked two pictures, and then called it a day. "Okay, I'm done"

With her words, they went back into the car and drove in complete silence once again. Now you might be curious about what's going on in each of their heads and of course, I'll tell you; Y/n was thinking of many things, one being what she'll eat for dinner that night, the photos she took, and of course; Hajime Kokonoi. 

Meanwhile, in Ran's mind, he's thinking about what will happen if Y/n spoke about what she witnessed and if she's planning to tell anyone at all. And Rindou was just straight up thinking about going to sleep.

"Well, this is the part where I say thanks and goodbye" She spoke as soon as the car stopped near her apartment. "And then hope that I won't ever see your faces again" She said with a forced smile before leaving the car.

"I'd kill the bitch if I could" Ran muttered before letting out a sigh. "But we can't be reckless, especially with her"

"You know, we can just; not do this" Rindou commented referring to watching Y/n's every move. "I mean, does she know who we are? No. Does she know we're behind the accident she witnessed? No. She's completely oblivious and I don't get why we have to keep her under surveillance"

"Rin" His older brother wore a serious expression. "One word out of her, Bonten's done. Remember she's not an ordinary person"

"I know" RIndou rolled his eyes with a sigh. "But she'll be more suspicious of us if we kept doing this, then she'll be curious and who knows what'll happen next"

His older brother was silent for a moment, Ran was also confused as to why their boss would go this far into ordering, not one but two persons with a high position in Bonten, to just surveillance a girl. "Honestly, I don't know what's Mikey thinking either" He admitted. "He's completely unreadable sometimes"

Y/n watched the car drive away before entering the elevator, the silence made her thoughts roam. "Takeomi has weird subordinates.." She hummed thinking about all the expensive-looking items that the said subordinates wore. "Their pay must be good... "

She hadn't given much thought as to why Takeomi had ordered the Haitanis to be her "bodyguard". The girl shook her head, everything suddenly felt off. She questioned herself, why hasn't she realized it until now? Just who are Takeomi and these brothers?

Why the fuck is she only questioning this now?

Her phone then rang, she pulled it from her bag and answered once she read the caller id. "Hey, Dad. What's up?" 

== Just who is Y/n anyway? ==