chapter 5

Takeomi had offered to take her home as well but she had to wait a few minutes for him. She nodded. Before Takeomi left, he had entrusted the girl's safety to both of his bodyguards. 

Which she was silently thankful for since she really didn't want to be alone in this place, especially after what happened yesterday. But she was curious, why is Takeomi going to this place. Is he perhaps buying the land? Maybe he is.

Another car stopped by, she figured it was just another car that Takeomi owned so she paid it no mind. She continued to contemplate which photo she was going to use for her project, she doesn't trust the old man's taste. 

She then encountered the photos from the incident yesterday. Two blurred photos and three perfectly timed shots, one when the man was alive, one when the bullet made contact on the head, and the third with the man dead.

She was quick to hide the photos, why did she even keep it? Does she want to report it? She wanted to serve justice to the poor man but she was also scared to be involved in any way.

"Now, aren't those interesting." She heard a voice from behind her but it wasn't the same voice of the bodyguards. "Right, Rin?"

"Truly interesting" Another spoke, replying to the other person. "Now, what do we do about it. Ran?"

She turned to see two men with weird colored hair and a tattoo on their necks. Both of them have similar lovely lilac-colored eyes, such gentle colors, it doesn't match their expressions at all. She felt such hostility that it made her step back and hold onto her dear camera. 

Now just where did she meet this two? As she was questioning herself as to why the two somewhat felt or looked familiar, the one with shorter hair grabbed her camera.

"Oh, she's the girl that kicked you on the balls" The one called Rin pointed out.

The one called Ran scowled at him. "You got kicked too, shut up"

"Excuse me, can I have my camera back?" She gathered all her courage to say those words.

Ran looked at her with a calm yet menacing glare. "No can do missy" He then dropped the camera, she tried to catch it but she was too late. Its lens shattered and its body cracked. "We can't leave any evidence"

She was stunned, to say the least. What is the actual fuck? Y/n forgot how to function as she stared blankly at her now shattered camera. The camera was given to her by her father. On her 18th birthday. 

She approached Ran and without hesitation, raised her palm. A satisfying smack echoed around the empty street. Rin, the two bodyguards, and the others that she failed to notice winced at the action.

Ran held his reddened cheek as he faced the girl with a shocked expression on his face. Never in his life was he slapped by a girl, especially a girl that had already kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. 

The girl wore a mixture of hurt, shock, and mad expression. If he was in a brawl fight, he might've broken this girl's neck but that wasn't the case. Why was he frozen?

"Do you have any idea what that camera meant to me?" Her voice was calm yet hurt. "Do you not have any human decency in your body?" She furrowed her brows and glared at him.

Her eyes then softened as she tore her gaze away from him and looked at her camera's pitiful state on the concrete ground. Slowly she grabbed her camera and slowly placed it in its bag, the lens glass was everywhere. 

That's when Takeomi came back, witnessing the Haitani brothers standing near Y/n who was picking up something from the ground.

Then he realized she was picking up glass. "What in the hell is going on here?" He shoved past Ran and crouched down near the girl to stop her from picking up such sharp objects. 

But she didn't budge, he looked up to Ran who averted his gaze then at Rin who has his brows slightly furrowed watching the girl. "Well? Isn't anyone going to answer me?"

The Haitani's may be executives but Takeomi is an adviser, his position is higher compared to them. "Ran broke her camera" Rindou snitched. "But we have a good reason why." He looked at Ran as if to tell him it was his turn to speak but he didn't. "She has photos of yesterday's mess"

Takeomi then stood and glared at the two. "You could have just asked her to delete them" His voice was stern and loud but it wasn't a shout. "Weren't you supposed to be smart?" Now that stung. "Everyone's dismissed"

Being the caring big brother that he is, he gave Y/n bandaids for her wounded fingers and escorted her in the front seat and drove her himself to her apartment. The first minutes of the ride were quiet, he glanced at Y/n from time to time. 

He wasn't going to question her about the photos nor was he nervous that she'll snitch on them on the police. He was thinking of a way to lighten the mood but he just can't form the words.

They reached her street but before she stepped out. "Akashi-san" He hummed as a reply. "Tell that son of a bitch that I'll kill him the next time I see him" There was a pause. "And, thank you for driving me home... have a good evening"

Now there was definitely something bad going to happen. Y/n called him by name instead of insulting nicknames and even bowed at him for giving her a ride. And even wished him to have a good evening.

What an unsettling encounter.

== How is Y/n even breathing rn? ==