[3] How To Take A Compliment? No Clue.

!!TW : F slur(1x), Mentions of sh + disordered eating

"Killua?" Gon asked, as the two lay in Killua's backyard facing the sky.

"Hm?"

"What do you think about...like, gay people." He whispered the last bit.

"Why?"

"Just asking."

"I—uhm..." Killua trailed. "I-I don't know. I don't hate them..?"

"But you don't support them?"

"I'd probably have to know more about them to support them, so...I guess. I don't know, I don't exactly have these conversations with my parents."

"Figures. Me neither, honestly." Gon shrugged.

Silence settled between them.

"I-I'm not gay, by the way. It's just, a relative of mine is and I was just wondering how you would feel about it." Gon clarified, clearing his throat.

"Oh! Well, I guess that makes sense." Killua laughed nervously.

"Yeah."

The situation quickly got uncomfortably quiet and awkward, so the two got off the grass of the back lawn and headed back to the front through the side gate. From there, Killua grabbed his skateboard and Gon, his bike, and they wheeled into the city.

Killua's skateboard was a gift from his oldest brother on his tenth birthday. It was plain at the time, but the two of them stayed up all night coming up with a cool design for it. They ended up merging their ideas, hence the yellow background and red arrow. The read arrow was Illumi's idea. He thought it was a great way to show Killua that so long as he had the skateboard, his path would be illuminated by a red arrow. And now, of course, it's a bit sappy, but it meant the world to ten year old Killua. And he still clings onto it through every wear and tear.

Throughout the day they travelled all over, having the most fun Killua had had with someone in forever. They went to the skate park, got ice cream at Bisky's Ice Cream Parlor. They soon found themselves in the back right corner booth of the local diner, the owner of which Killua had long since known.

"Welcome to Morow's. What can I get for you..." the androgynous waiter trailed in his monotonous voice, looking up from his notepad. "Killua, long time no see."

"Hi, Illumi." Killua waved. "Oh, right. Gon, this is Illumi. Illumi, this is Gon. Gon's our new neighbor. He had his first day at my school on Wednesday and he'll go to our church starting tomorrow."

"That's nice." He formed a small smile. "So, you two are friends?"

"Yeah." Killua answered. "W-We are friends, right? I think we're friends?"

"Yeah, we're friends." Gon answered for Killua.

"Oh, thank God..."

"Well, as lovely as it would be to chat and catch up, I am on the clock and I have bills to pay. So, what can I get you two?"

"My usual, and..." Killua trailed, looking to Gon for his order.

"Uhhh..." he perused the menu once more to be sure of his choice. "Just fries and a Fanta, I guess."

"Alright."

After Killua's older brother left back to the kitchens to give the ticket with their order on it to the chefs, Gon struck up another conversation, as it was his field of expertise.

"So, how do you know the waiter? Er, Illumi, sorry."

"Oh." Killua finished swallowing his water. "Uh, just an old family friend."