But none of them matter to him.

"Where are you," he muttered, eyes searching for a certain person. He had always been searching for five years. "Y/n,"

There were times when he wished his quirk allows him to command the wind, to carry his voice to where you are so you will be able to hear him and follow his voice that will lead you to him. He took a step back, leaning back as he looked up at the sky.

"You're alive, right?"

Hawks remembered that night as clear as a bright summer morning. He couldn't forget, how could he forget when everything changed that day. He had a family, a wife and two children. They were living in a quiet neighborhood and Hawks was ready to file his resignation in the Commission just so he could focus on his family.

But everything changed that night, he lost you, and he had to raise his kids on his own. He didn't know what to do for the first two years, he had to learn everything from scratch. He couldn't even ask his mother, because what does his mother know anyways? She didn't even take care of Hawks when he was a kid aside from buying him that one Endeavor toy because it was cheaper than All Might.

Hawks had to learn everything, taking care of two kids was never an easy job but he wouldn't trade it for anything else.

"That night, if I got back faster, you wouldn't have been taken."

Regret, he had carried that feeling for years, weighing down on him every time he flies. If he had gotten back earlier, faster, perhaps you would have been with them now. But there's no way to turn back time, and the only thing he can do is to move forward and to never stop looking for you.

"Alright," he said, pushing himself forward. "That's enough reminiscing for now. Time to get back on duty."

After another long day of work, Hawks came back home, a paper bag full of groceries that he went to buy on his way home. When he came back, even before he could announce his return, Keishi and Keita came running up to him.

"Papa's home!" Keishi yelled.

"Papa!" followed by his younger brother Keita.

"Thank you for staying for an extra hour," Hawks said and the sitter bowed her head before she took her leave while Hawks headed to the kitchen, the twins trudging after him.

"You two didn't give the sitter a hard time?"

"Nope," Keishi said, climbing up his chair as Hawks put the paper bag down on the table before he picked up Keita and set him on his chair beside his brother.

While Hawks was busy putting some food inside the fridge, Keishi looked inside one of the paper bags and saw the chips. But he just barely got his hand on it when Hawks suddenly spoke.

"Put that down, Keishi."

Keishi stopped abruptly before he handed the bag of chips to his little brother who instinctively held it as Hawks turned around.

"No papa, Shi-chan gave it to Ta-chan."

"I know," Hawks said, making Keishi's jaw drop as he looked between Hawks and Keita.

"B-But how..."

"I have eyes at the back of my head."

Keita suddenly gasped. "Papa has eyes at the back of his head."