Act 16: The Gardens in London:

Before leaving London, a few of the group went out to look around the sites. They wore their regular outfits, but people still stared at them. Charity and the girls went out, while Phineas stayed to organize a show with Jenny Lind. Caroline held onto her big sister's hand while Amelia walked with W.D. and Anne. They walked around all day until they returned to the place they were all staying at. 

Amelia did not go back to her room; she stayed out by the garden, looking at the fountain. She sighed, looking at how pretty the gardens were. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." 

Amelia turned to see Phillip, who had stopped by the entrance to the garden. "I didn't know anyone was out here." He said, putting his hands in his pockets. 

"It's alright... I was just about to head inside." Amelia said, going to leave, but he stopped her.

"Amelia..." He said, making her stop when she looked at him. "I-I wouldn't mind the company." He said, giving her a small smile.

The two of them moved to a bench, watching the fountain in silence. Amelia looked up at the sky, seeing the stars in the sky. She had loved to watch the night sky ever since she was a little girl. She did not notice that Phillip was watching her in awe. 

Even the littlest thing about her amazed him. He would study her feature, from her long, brown hair that was either tied up in a bun or half of it tied back with a ribbon like her sisters. Not to mention her eyes and how they shined whenever she was happy around her sisters or talking about something with Anne. And her laugh. He loved it as if it was the most beautiful song he had ever heard. He stopped studying her when he saw that she shivered from the wind. She had a long dress on, but it had short sleeves, so she was probably freezing. 

"Here." He said, taking off his jacket, making her look at him. "You're shivering." He said, wrapping it around her shoulders.

"Oh... Um, t-thank you." She smiled nervously.

She moved to hold onto the jacket, pulling it around her more to warm her up. She smiled a bit to herself when the jacket smelled amazing. They kept glancing at each other, not saying anything, when Amelia wanted to get to know him. She went to ask him something but was interrupted by Anne walking out. 

"Amelia? Your mother's been looking for you." Anne said, watching Amelia and Phillip stand up. 

They looked guilty, but they had not even spoken a full sentence to each other.  "I'm coming." She said when Anne nodded before heading back to her room. Amelia turned to look back at Phillip. "I should--" She went to say.

"Yeah..." He nodded, looking nervous.

"I'll see you in the morning..." She smiled when he nodded. She went to take his jacket off when he stopped her. 

"I wouldn't need it until the morning." He smiled at her when she noticed how close he had gotten. 

"Goodnight, Mr. Carlyle." She smiled at him, watching him look at her. 

"Goodnight, Miss Amelia Barnum." He smiled when she went to head inside, glancing back at him.

Amelia headed to her room, seeing her sisters asleep. "Where have you been?" Charity asked, sitting at the small table in the room. 

"In the gardens. They are beautiful." Amelia smiled when she moved to sit with her mother.

"Oh, and the jacket?" She asked, smiling when Amelia looked down smiling.

"It's Phillip's..." She said, looking up to see her mother smiling. "I was cold, and he offered, like a gentleman." Amelia smiled when Charity noticed the blush on her cheeks.

"How chivalrous of him." Charity smiled when Amelia nodded. 

"Yes, it was... Uh... I-I'm gonna go to sleep." Amelia smiled when she stood up to kiss her mother's cheek goodnight.

~647 words~