Act 2: Several Years Later:

*Many Years Later*

Phineas headed to the Hallets household after getting his life together. He fiddled with his father's top hat nervously while Charity looked out of her bedroom window. He wrote to her that he was coming to ask for her hand. They were going to run away together.

Mr. Hallet opened the door, disappointed to see Phineas, the tailor's boy. "Sir, I... I know I don't come from much, but... I will take care of your daughter, and I will give her a life as grand as this one." Phineas smiled when Mr. Hallet turned to his wife, Hannah, before the three of them looked at Charity, who was walking down the stairs with a suitcase in her hand.

"Bye, Mother," Charity said to her mother before walking over to her father and Phineas.

"She'll be back." Mr. Hallet warned Phineas before Charity walked over to them. "Sooner or later, she'll tire of your life... of having nothing... and she'll come running back home." Mr. Hallet continued, but the last part, Charity definitely heard, coming up behind him. 

Phineas put his top hat back on, taking Charity's suitcase from her while they headed to the carriage that Phineas came from.

Phineas took her to where he had been living. In a town that wasn't far from the train parts factory, he worked. 

"Ev'ry night I lie in bed. The brightest colors fill my head. A million dreams are keepin' me awake. I think of what the world could be. A vision of the one I see. A million dreams is all its gonna take. Oh, a million dreams for the world we're gonna make." Phineas sang before getting on one knee, holding out a ring box.

"However big, however small... let me be a part of it all." Charity sang as Phineas showed her where they would be living after they got married that morning. A quick ceremony with just them and a minister. "Share your dreams with me. You may be right; you may be wrong. But say that you'll bring me along. To the world you see." She continued to sing when they started their lives together.

"To the world, I close my eyes to see. I close my eyes to see." They sang together.

"'Cause ev'ry night I lie in bed. The brightest colors fill my head." Phineas sang to her. "A million dreams are keepin' me awake." Charity smiled at him.

"A million dreams, a million dreams... I think of what the world could be. A vision of the one I see. A million dreams is all it's gonna take. A million dreams for the world we're gonna make. For the world, we're gonna make."

Just after a month or so of living together, Charity was expecting their first of three daughters, Amelia Irene. Her middle name was named after Phineas's late mother, Irene Taylor-Barnum. The beautiful baby girl would be just the beginning for the couple.

~484 words~