𝑋𝑋

Another month had passed since she and Fred had ended things. The two still hadn't spoken. Charlie had begun to visit Sirius and Remus often, though. Even if she was still cold and cut off, the two loved to see her. Especially with the rest of the children having gone back to Hogwarts.

It was midday, Charlie sat in the kitchen with Remus and Sirius, sipping firewhiskey as she smoked a cigarette. "You see, I don't believe I'll be able to run the store myself if I do open it, I'm just not sure I trust anyone to run it for me. If Sophia was here, she'd be the obvious solution." Charlie shook her head, downing the rest of the light brown liquid before pouring more.

"Slow down there," Remus smiled, moving the bottle out of reach after Charlie had poured another glass. "It's only midday."

The three talked for some time longer, eventually Fred and George showed up. They had started to come around too, it made Charlie immensely uncomfortable. The two stepped through the fireplace. As soon as Charlie felt four pairs of eyes boring into her skull, she downed the rest of her drink, standing up. "Well, I'll be going. I've got a meeting with the Chief of Medi Witches. I want to propose a new project to her." Charlie spoke in a serious tone, brushing her suit pants off.

Charlie was wearing black suit pants, a black suit vest over a white collared shirt and a black blazer. "Reckon, I'll impress them, Sirius?" She smirked at the man, it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"You'll do great." Sirius smiled at her. He was so proud of the girl, he only wished for her to be happy.

Charlie had been working on something along with her potions shop for a long time. She wanted to fund a project with all the proceeds from her shop-minus supplies needed to create more, of course- to a foundation that had yet to be created. She knew this would paint a target on her back, she didn't really care.

She wanted to create a foundation to help the survivors of the unforgivable curses, such as herself. She wanted to help people heal, physically, mentally and emotionally. She also wanted to expand it further at some point, to create safehouses for people needing to hide. Let it be a pureblood teenager, such as herself, who is in a shitty situation or someone who was dragged into the mess of being a death eater unwillingly and somehow got away. Many people never got out of those situations, they didn't have the opportunity to. If they did, they had nothing left.

Charlie was very fortunate for Evan, who had secured her assets.

The meeting went well, the Head Mediwitch, Dr. Angela Garnier loved her idea. She seemed eager to make it happen. Charlie was elated, that is, until she realised she had no one to share the news with. Other than Sirius and Remus, they only really cared because they had to.

After changing out of her suit, she decided to ask Piper to go out with her. There was a club in Diagon Alley that seemed to be all the rage. Charlie felt terrible about her lack of communication with her friends but, luckily, Piper said yes. She even brought Avery and Finn along.

The four sat at a table in the club, talking over the music.

"I've been quite busy recently, I want to start a foundation for-" That was when Charlie realised she couldn't even tell them. They didn't know anything about her past, they'd have questions. "...Stuff. She continued. I had a meeting with the head mediwitch today. It went quite well." Charlie grinned, downing her seventh shot.

She was so immersed in speaking with her friends, she didn't notice a group of Gryffindors who had also decided to meet up tonight.

Fred noticed her, though. She looked very drunk.

Charlie laughed and danced, talking to Avery. The two were extremely tipsy. Eventually Avery walked off, finding someone else to talk to and Charlie began dancing with some random wizard. He was very handsome.