𝑋𝐼𝑋

Charlie woke up the next morning with a pounding head. "Goodmorning, Freddie." She smiled at Fred as he entered the room with two glasses of water and some aspirin. He smiled back a sweet, warm smile. "Goodmorning, love. You don't have any hangover potion, I put it on your list." He said, handing her a small red pill.

Charlie swallowed it graciously, hoping for her headache to fade away. "What're you doing today?" She asked the redhead who sat beside her on the bed.

He shrugged, laying back. "I'll have to go to the shop soon, can't leave Theo and George alone forever..." He laughed, "You?"

Charlie thought for a moment, it was an odd feeling, having the freedom to do whatever she pleased. "I'll probably get some groceries, maybe look around at the shops a bit... I'll see if Mad Eye can stop by today and put some wards on my flat. I have to be careful. Maybe I'll send Evan an owl too, I'm not sure if Sirius told him." Charlie rambled, putting a finger on her chin. Fred smiled at Charlie, taking in her features.

"What?" Charlie laughed nervously under his gaze.

"You're just so beautiful." The boy smiled.

Charlie blushed furiously as Fred leaned over, giving her a peck on her forehead as he held the side of her face, before getting up and changing into his work uniform.

Once Fred had left, Charlie changed into some casual clothes and decided to set out on her day. She peered at her grocery list as she walked around the store cluelessly. Charlie hadn't realised how sheltered she really was until stepping into the store. What was a 'frozen foods' section? And why was everything so hard to find?

After a long, humbling hour at the grocery store, Charlie checked out. Her next stop was the potion shop. There wasn't exactly a 'potion shop' per se, it was more of a trinkets shop which sold a few potions. She got what she would need for her 'at home' potion kit. Her next stop was the pharmawitch store, she had to pick up her various medications for her current conditions. Fred and George didn't know about this so she was careful that no mutual friends were around when she went in, getting her potions and pills quickly before apparating home.

Charlie had four medications she had to take every morning. A pain potion, for her chronic pain. A healing potion, for her muscle damage. A memory enhancing potion, for her slight memory loss and a mood enhancer, as the mediwitch who prescribed it called it. It was a wizarding antidepressant.

Charlie hated it, she hated taking them every morning. Especially when she still had aftershocks, even with them in her system. They were reduced, yes, but they still happened. The only people who knew were Mrs. Weasley and Sirius.

She put her medications in her bathroom cupboard after stocking her fridge and pantry with the food she had bought. Her first-aid kit she had assembled was tucked away in one of the kitchen cupboards.

Not realising how much time had passed when she went shopping, Charlie checked her clock. It was already 6pm. Time flies when you're doing adult-like things.

Deciding it was time to make a meal for herself, Charlie began cutting some vegetables as Billy Joel played on her record player.

As she cut them with the large knife, her arm began to cramp. She could feel what was coming. Setting the knife down, she placed her hands on the counter, she was unfocused, blinded by the pain, so when her cramping hand had been placed not on the counter, but on the blade of the knife, she hadn't noticed. Not until her hand curled into a fist around it.

The knife sliced into her palm as she clutched it, unable to let her. Her hisses and shouts of pain became louder as the knife dug deeper and the aftershocks became more intense. Once it was over, Charlie muttered a few curse words under her breath as she ran her hand under cold water, cringing at it.