chapter seven

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
TRAITOR

ೃ࿔*:・ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍TRAITOR

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

JILL was starting to believe Adela. After their talk with Wesker, everything was starting to come to light. Barry was very much on edge. To be fair, her and Adela were too. However, Barry was hiding something and it was obvious that his guilt was starting to eat at him. From thinking back about their interactions, something wasn't right. Was Barry a traitor? Was he working against them? Did he want to see their downfall? Was she really having these thoughts? Barry was her friend. Her fellow colleague. What if Barry was innocent? Their lack of trust would hurt him. She didn't want to hurt Barry, but she did want to protect herself in case Barry had bad intentions.

"Jill, look. The altar." Jill followed Adela, slowing down once she saw Barry. Shit. Adela clenched her jaw, taking her gun out. Barry was investigating the coffin, giving the two a relieved smile.

"Jill, Adela, you're alive!" Barry chirped. "I was worried cause I thought you guys-" Barry interrupted himself, pointing his gun at both Jill and Adela. Jill grabbed his wrist, taking the gun from him in one swift movement.

Adela was in absolute shock and disbelief. She knew Barry wasn't to be trusted, but she didn't think he'd try to get rid of Jill and her. This hurt more than anything else in the world. This was betrayal to the fullest.

"Start talking." Jill demanded lowly, pointing his own gun at him.

"Calm down, I didn't want to do it! Believe me, I can explain!" Barry exclaimed, absolutely trembling at the armed woman.

"Then start explaining before she blows your fucking brains out." Adela spat, standing next to Jill with her arms crossed. "What the actual fuck, Barry?!"

Suddenly, the deformed creature from the cabin earlier, made its way into the room. The scraping sound of her chains sliding against the floor, Adela immediately growing goosebumps at the sound. That dreaded creature was back. Her eyes widened once she saw the creature now.

Lisa had transformed quite a bit. She now had a large eyeball on her back. Jill kept her stare on Barry while Adela watched the monster in fear. The sight was so grotesque, she felt as if she was going to be sick to her stomach.

Lisa let out a loud screech as five tentacles sprouted out from her body. Barry immediately started to panic once the monster jumped down from its platform.

"No time to talk... Jill give me the gun!" Barry exclaimed, holding his hand out for the weapon.

"Don't do it Jill, it's a trap. He's just going to fuck us over." Adela shook her head, Barry frowning deeply at Adela's words. He couldn't blame her for not trusting him but the fact that she was willing to let him die, hurt.

Jill stood quiet for a minute, glancing at the incoming creature and then at Barry. She then turned to Adela, who had a stern yet worried look on her face. Jill had to make her choice and she had to make it fast. Though she didn't trust Barry, she couldn't just leave him there to die. However, who's to say he wasn't going to stab them in the back again?

Jill hesitated before handing Barry his gun back. Adela's eyes widened, looking at the other woman as if she had two heads. She couldn't believe Jill had just done that! Yes Barry was their friend but he betrayed them. He tried blowing their brains out!

"Thanks Jill." Barry thanked, immediately shooting at Lisa. However, she was pretty quick. Barry dodged each hit she tried to throw at him.

"The stones! Maybe if we push them, the entry'll open up!" Adela pointed out. Jill nodded, running towards the left side.

"You take the left and I'll take the right. Barry's on monster control." Jill ordered, Adela raising an eyebrow at her instructions.

"You expect me to fully push something made out of stone?" Adela raised an eyebrow, grabbing her gun. "Do I look like the fucking Hulk?"

"Adela, now's the time! Just try!" Jill huffed, starting to shove one of the statues. Adela hesitated before making her way to her side. She pushed as hard as she can, letting out loud grunts. If she somehow managed to break her back, Jill was paying for her hospital bills.

After shoving for a while, the statues fell and the iron bars blocking the passageway slide up. "C'mon, this way!" Adela ushered the two over, watching the grotesque being make its way towards the coffin.

Lisa picked up the skull from the coffin, looking down at it in her hands. "Mo....ther...?" She let out a loud primal scream, jumping into the dark abyss below. Adela winced, turning to both Jill and Barry.

Barry stood quiet before running off, Jill immediately starting to go after him. "Jill, just stop." Adela grabbed her wrist, Jill stopping once Adela grabbed her.

"Adela... h-he almost—" Jill broke down, tears streaming down her face. Without hesitation Adela pulled Jill close, Jill pressing her forehead against Adela's shoulder. "I can't believe he tried to—"

"I know, I know." Adela rubbed her back, shaking her head. "All that matters at this point is our survival. I know it's gonna be hard... considering how long we've known him for, but we gotta keep moving Jill."

At that moment, all the guilt came to the surface. Jill felt horrible for how she treated Adela. Here she was in Adela's arms crying her eyes out, when she treated her like absolute garbage earlier.

"I'm so sorry, Delly." She rasped out, pulling away from Adela. "I treated you like absolute garbage earlier because of my personal problems when it wasn't your fault to begin with. I-"

Adela cupped Jill's face in her hands, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. Jill let out a hitched breath, her stomach erupting with those butterflies she had from earlier. "I appreciate your apology." She whispered. "And I'm sorry for everything I said too... now's not the time to talk about this though."

Jill nodded, starting to walk away from Adela again. If she could turn back time, she would. She didn't know what she was but she did know one thing. She didn't care anymore. Or at least she thought she didn't. What she one was certain.

Jill Valentine was in love with Adela Ramirez.

I'M SO SORRY THIS
CHAPTER WAS SHORT!
this book is almost done
actually. there's like 1-2
chapters left— so that's
fucking insane!

thank you guys so
much for reading!
after a whole year
i'll be able to finish
a book! i'll make
sure the next chapter
is great!

also that jill and adela
moment 🥹🤍

DATE PUBLISHED: 5/6/22
TIME PUBLISHED: 5:02 p.m.
WORD COUNT: 1139