chapter six

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
WHO TO TRUST & WHO TO NOT

ೃ࿔*:・ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗WHO TO TRUST & WHO TO NOT

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

JILL and Adela busted through the door of room 002, resulting in Barry to jolt up from the sudden action.

"Jill, Adela! Shit... you both scared me." He laughed nervously, placing a hand on his chest. Both Jill and Adela glanced at each other, a bit skeptical of Barry's behavior. Adela put her gun back into her holster, placing both hands on her hips.

"Barry, who were you talking to?" Jill inquired, putting her gun into her holster as well.

"Oh... who was I talking to?" Barry made his way over to one of the desks, leaning on it. "I think age is starting to take its toll... Talking to myself is becoming a bad habit." He admitted with yet another nervous chuckle. Adela raised an eyebrow, shaking her head.

"Really? Cause I've never heard to talk to yourself before." Adela tilted her head, staring at Barry with a suspicious glint in her eye. "What are hiding, Burton? Who were you talking to?" She interrogated, Barry avoiding Adela's stare.

"I think I'm worrying you two a bit much. Don't be worried." Barry began. "I guess it's the vibes of this creepy mansion... gotten on my nerves a bit." There was an awkward silence between the trio, both women completely untrusting of the man. They loved Barry, they really did. However, he was hiding something. "I think I'm gonna go get some air... I think that'll do some good.."

"Some air? This isn't a fucking place where you can get some air." Adela scoffed, shaking her head.

"Adela's right. I don't think it's best to leave you by yourself. You're not well, Barry." Jill spoke in a much more softer and caring tone. She didn't want Barry to feel as if they were being aggressive, especially if they were a bit skeptical of him. He was still their friend and it was quite obvious that he wasn't okay.

Adela on the other hand, didn't care. Did she love Barry? Yeah! She adored him. However, he was full of shit. He was definitely hiding something from them. This little secret he had could either harm or benefit her and Jill. Adela was always one to face things head on; never one to sugarcoat things. If you were just a little bit suspicious, she'd begin looking at you if you were. If you were hiding something, she'd treat you like you were an enemy. If Barry was hiding something that would hurt them, she'd never ever forgive him. Even if he did help her with the little things she needed help with.

"Don't worry. Just going to get some fresh air. If I'm lucky I'll get to waste some monsters along the way..." And with that, Barry left the couple alone. Jill was absolutely bewildered by their confrontation. Seeing Barry like this made her extremely worried.

"Bastard's hiding something." Adela huffed, taking her gun out. "If this shit is going to affect us in the future, he needs to fucking tell us." She twirled her gun in her hand, her eyebrows furrowed fitting the scowl on her face.