chapter five

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
LISA TREVOR

ೃ࿔*:・ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄LISA TREVOR

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

IT seemed to be a common occurrence amongst the two women at this point. They'd fight, give each other the silent treatment and then somewhat forgive each other afterwards. This wasn't the case, this time. Adela had really fucked up and the two haven't even let out a peep in the past two hours. It was all too silent, the kind that wasn't comforting but awkward.

Adela couldn't help but replay that encounter she and Jill had from earlier, grimacing at her words. Adela was often seen as a cold hearted bitch, who'd say anything in order to win an argument. Did she win the argument? At least, she thought so. But at what cost? Her best friend absolutely hated her guts right now and she couldn't blame her. She did take it a tad too far. Jill just needed time to cool off. A whole eternity after the comment she made, to be honest.

As Adela and Jill made their way into the back of the courtyard, Adela cleared her throat. "Uh Jill, I wanted to-."

"Don't." Jill growled, Adela immediately shutting her mouth in the process. Though she'd usually respond back, she didn't want to get Jill even more angry than she already was. The two walked for a while, making their way past the cemetery and into a small wooden cabin.

"Someone's staying here." Jill mumbled, as she made her way towards the newly lit fire. Adela examined the room, spotting the crank they were supposed to retrieve.

"Hey, um... I found the crank." Adela muttered, putting it away into one of her magical hip pouches. Jill just nodded, heading towards the door. Adela shook her head, reaching over to grab Jill's wrist. Once she grabbed it, Jill tensed up; growing tense at the sudden touch.

"Jill, can we talk? Please?" Adela begged, Jill keeping her stare away from her. Why should she forgive her? Adela knew that bringing up her father was a sensitive topic, yet she used it against her. That to Jill, crossed the line.

"There's nothing to talk about, Adela. You clearly said what you said." Jill spat, Adela nodding at Jill's words.

"I know. I fucked up and I know the whole situation with your father is... difficult to say the least." Adela started. "But I truly didn't mean it. You know I just say things in order to win an argument." She explained, Jill growing more angry by the minute. Was this supposed to be an apology? Because it wasn't a good one.

"Am I supposed to just forgive you over that shitty apology?" Jill scoffed, Adela crossing her arms with a saddened look on her face.

"It wasn't meant to be a shitty apology. I'm trying to show you that I'm sincere!" Adela argued feeling a wave of frustration coarse through her body as she spoke. "Jill, I'm genuinely sorry. But God! You have to understand where I'm coming from!" She exclaimed, tears welling up ever so slightly.