I stand up, hinting that she should go to bed. She stretches her arms out and I pull her up. With my arm around her shoulders, she wraps her arm around my waist and I walk her to her room.

I have to go to work.

***

She laughs, "I can't help it. It's really easy to scare you."

"Oh, ha ha."

I move to the right side of my bed, patting down the spot next to me.

"¿Qué haces [What are you doing]?" She asks as she jumps down next to me.

"Reading a very unexpected email. Did you finish your homework?"

"Uh-huh."

"Mm. Why are you up so early on a Saturday morning?"

She shrugs nonchalantly, "Just wasn't tired."

Closing my eyes, I sigh heavily. "Please tell me you didn't stay up all night."

Silence.

"Amanda," I whine.

"Let me read it."

I open my eyes. "¿Mande?"

"Let me read what's making you so happy."

"How do you kn-"

"I know you. You know me," she says it like it's the most obvious thing. "And you're very easy to read."

"What? No, I'm not."

She snorts softly, "Yeah, okay. Keep telling yourself that."

Ignoring her, I let her read the email.

"You're not f*cking with me?"

"Would I ever give up chocolate?"

Shrieking, she starts bouncing on my bed. "No manches [No way]! We should tell Jimena. She'll be so happy to have you working with her. And did you read how much you'll get paid?"

"Yeah. It's a lot of money."

"That's good."

"I know."

Narrowing her eyes, she waves it off. "In the meantime, we'll get you all dolled up for work on Monday."

"We'll? Who's we'll?" I ask, scared for my life. "What are you planning, niña [girl]?"

"You'll see, sister," she smirks. "You'll see."

I gulp. Oh, no.

¤ ¤ ¤

"Let. Me. Out!" I pound against the bathroom's door.

"Nope. Not gonna happen." Jimena says. "Unless..."

"Unless? Unless what?"

"We go shopping," Amanda finishes.

"Why though?" I whine childishly. "The mall brings me bad memories. And I get really tired. And there's people."

"C'mon, Andrea," Jimena pleads. "Just this once."

"If we go to the food court first." I bargain.

"No food." Amanda snaps.

Lowering my voice, I narrow my eyes. "What was that tone?"

She keeps quiet. That's what I thought.

"Oh, c'mon!" Jimena exclaims. "We took away your t-shirts and you almost kill us. I don't appreciate the kick to my stomach y'know!"

"Yeah, and I don't appreciate the kick to my ass either."

"Dije lo siento [I said I'm sorry]." I mumble. "What are she shopping for?"

"You know. Clothes, shoes, make up, handbags." Amanda begins to list.

"Why?"

"You don't have anything to wear."

"Yes, I do," I defend myself. "I still have the nice button up shirts mom gave me. Oh, and I still have those black dress pants."

"Girl, you can't wear that to work." I can just picture Jimena rolling her eyes.

"Actually, she would," Amanda corrects her. "That's why I donated all of her old clothes."

"You did what?!" Now, I'm furious. I jiggle the doornob, trying to get out. "Darn it!" I kick the door. It's no use. And I'm sorry for kicking you, door. I didn't mean to hurt you. When the ones I want to hurt are behind you.

"When I get out of here, you are dead meat." I threaten. "The both of you."

"Ooh. We're so scared." Jimena mocks.

"Uh, if I were you, I'd be terrified. You have no idea how aggressive she can get." Amanda warns her. "And she just threatened us, so..."

"And you're telling me this now?!" Jimena yells. "I don't want die!"

"And you think I do?"

I try to calm myself down by taking a deep breath. "Just answer me one question. Please."

"Okay."

"Why do you want to take me shopping for new clothes? Amanda, you clearly know I like to save money. Not spend it."

"I know. I know, Andy, but it can't hurt to prep yourself up once in a while." Amanda says. "Besides, one of the requirements is, and I quote, 'wear appropriate clothing.' You should make a good impression on your first day."

Way to make me feel guilty. I groan. "Fine. But we'll do it my way. No heavy make up and my taste in clothes. Got it?"

"If we agree on what you choose." Jimena says. "And how about some foundation and concealer?"

"I said no heavy makeup. And your opinions can't hurt, so I guess it's fine."

"Yes!" They did not just high-five. Ooh, it's so on.

Someone unlocks the bathroom door.

"I'm glad that worked." Amanda blows a raspberry, relieved. "Pay up, b*tch."

Jimena grumbles, probably handing her the money.

Once the door opens, I ask, "Are the boys still playing tag with Oscar outside?"

"Yeah. Why?" Jimena asks.

"Uh oh." Amanda takes a step back.

I take a step forward and they take another step back. "Yeah. Uh oh. Más vale qué corran [You better run]."

They don't have to be told twice, and I start chasing them around the house.

¤ ¤ ¤

Bonjour! How's February going?

I wonder if you guys are tired of me saying thank you and thank you so many times, but I say it because I really do mean it. Well, I don't actually say it I write it, but you get the idea.

Close to 10 K reads and 300 votes! I still can't believe it! Thank you so much for your support!

And to show my gratitude, I wrote this chapter for you guys. I hope I made you laugh. Tell me if you want me to write more chapters like this.

I wanted to show a different side of Andy when she had her happy family together. There was no Austin nor Angel in this chapter. :( Sorry 'bout that.

Once again, thank you. :)

Ciao,

chocoholic_28