Chapter 7: Show time

After a not so long drive, we arrived at the venue. People lined the side of the building. I smiled, these people have no idea who I am, but they will soon. We drove through a gate and behind the building. After getting off the bus, we started loading thing backstage. "Nervous?" Brendon asked. I laughed a little.

"Yeah a little. Ok maybe a lot." I said nervously giggling. We began to walk to the dressing rooms. Ukulele in hand, we opened the door. Dallon and Kenny were messing around with a speaker. It fell over and they laughed. They then looked at Brendon who was slightly annoyed.

"Pick it up and calm down." The two men frowned and picked up the speaker. "I swear to god, you guys are kids. Ok now we need a game plan on how we can introduce her." They started discussing ideas. After a while I heard Brendon say "Yes dude yes." I walked over to them. Brendon opened the door and shouted "ZACK, GET A CAMERA." A few second later, Zack the funniest security guard ever came walking in with a camera. "Ok here's the plan, you and Zack are going to go out and ask random fans who they think the special guest is. Then after a few songs we will dim the lights and you will walk out to the piano and hide behind it. Then we will turn the lights back on and I'll walk over to the piano. You will slowly emerge from the piano and say "hey Brendon?" Then you will play a little tune on the piano and then sing "have you ever wanted to disappear" then we will sing 20 dollar nosebleed." He stared at me with wide, excited eyes and a bright smile. I started laughing, he gets so excited sometimes.

"Ok calm down." We all giggled before Zack and I walked out the dressing room and out the backdoor. The line was insane. We approached a group of four girls. I tapped a blond haired one on the shoulder and se turned around smiling. Zack turned on the camera. "Do you girls mind if we ask you something." The girls shook their heads. "Who do you think the special guest is?" They all thought for a moment. A girl with curly black hair replied.

"Maybe Ryan is back!" The girls laughed and another said. "Pete wentz?" The blond looked down at my MCR shirt "maybe it's Gerard Way" I laughed. The shortest girl then said in a faint voice. "I heard a rumor that he adopted a girl". The girls looked her. One said "Becky, you know that's not true."

I laughed and said "one of you are right." I waved and walked down the line a little more, Zack followed. We interviewed a few more groups before heading back inside. When we walked in, the guys were in the middle of a sound check. Brendon was messing around with his guitar. Every time he would strum it, he would jump and kick his legs out. Dallon was screaming loudly. Kenny was running around playing guitar making siren noises. I burst into laughter before screaming across the venue "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!" Then I continued to laugh.

Brendon walked over to the microphone and said "mind your goddamn language!" In a highish voice. This made me laugh even more. This man is 28 and he acts like a 10 year old. How did the adoption center trust this man? I walked up the the stage, after jumping up, I gave him a hug. After noticing he was shirt less, I said eeww and pulled away. He laughed. They went over the set list. There was only an hour and a half until the show. The guys finished the sound check and we all walked to the dressing room. Brendon, Dallon and Kenny were doing vocal warm ups while I practiced my ukulele. My heart is racing and my hands are shaking. Brendon notices and walks over. "Hey, it's ok. It's your first time on stage. It's ok to be scared, I was. Just know that I will be there, next to you the whole time." He smiled and we hugged. "I love you, I know i don't say it a lot but I do. I just don't want to make you uncomfortable." I felt a tear run down my face but I wasn't crying. He pulled away and wiped my single tear. "Now we are going to go out there and kill it ok?" I giggled as he pulled me to my feet. This is my first real concert and I get to watch from backstage. Zack walked in.

"Guys your on in 5." He handed them their ear pieces and we all started to walk backstage.