Chapter 3: Puppy Love.

"Ok ok...favorite bands." Brendon said between laughs. I froze for a moment to think and he took a sip of his beer.

 "Um, let's see." I paused and took a sip of water. "Fall Out Boy, Twenty one Pilots, My Chemical Romance, and last but not least, Panic! At The Disco." He smiles. "There are a lot of others but those have always been my top four." I say.

 "Good to know you like my music." He put down the empty pasta bowl and sat back in his chair. "Do you play any instruments?" I paused for a moment, collecting all the instrumented I play in my head.

 "Well, I guess my voice counts as an instrument. But I also play guitar, bass, piano, drums, ukulele-" before I could continue my list, he stopped me.

 "Ukulele? Seriously? You have to show me!" I chuckle at his excitement. Brendon Urie wants me to play ukulele for him.

 "Ok, I'll go grab it." I smiled and ran inside. I made my way to my room and grabbed both my ukulele and my phone. I ran down stairs and out the door onto the balcony. I sat back down.

 He took a sip of his beer. "I've heard you sing too." Crap, what did I just get myself into? I mean, I love to sing but in front of him? I'm already nervous enough.

 "What do you want me to play? I know a lot of songs so fire away." He paused for a moment to think.

 "How about some Twenty One Pilots." He says, running his hand through his hair, sitting back in his chair. "I know you like them."

 "Are you kidding me! I love them." I said putting my fingers on the fret board. "So you want me to sing too?"

 "Sure, if you want." He smiled, sitting up in his chair. I started strumming the ukulele.

 "She asked me son when I grow old, will you buy me a house of gold. And when your father turns to stone, will you take care of me." I sang the whole song. When I finished, I looked him in the eyes. His eyes were wide open and he stood up and hugged me. The hug surprised me.

 "You have a beautiful voice. Where did you learn to play the ukulele?" I pulled away and put my ukulele on the table.

 "Well, one day after school, I was staying and helping my music teacher clean up the room and I picked up a ukulele. I kinda just started playing it. He said I could borrow it but after I learned all the songs he told me to learn, he kinda just gave it to me" I said. I looked down to see one of Brendon's dogs jumping on my leg.

 "Bogart! Off!" Brendon leaned down and picked him up like a baby. "This is Bogart by the way, he's a little obnoxious. It's getting cold, wanna go inside?" I nodded and followed him into the living room where we continue talking. As it turned out, we have a lot in common.

 After the laughter died down, I thought it would be a good idea to ask an important question. I stopped laughing and looked him in the eyes. "Can I ask you something?" He was laying on the couch with Bogart on his chest asleep. He looked at me.

 "Fire away kid, I'm all ears." He says with a smile.

 "Why did you adopt me." I said looking him in the eyes. He looks away and sighs, petting Bogart softly on the back.

 "The truth is, I was lonely." I could help but laugh.

 "Brendon, how are you lonely? You have Dallon, Kenny, and Dan. Even Spencer, your best friend." He smiled and looked at Bogart, who shifted silently.

 "But I get lonely here, they all have someone. I don't. When I get home, all I do is make dinner and go to bed. I was getting bored with my life, depressed." He sighs. I understand what he is talking about.

 "I get what you're saying." I opened my phone to see what the time was, 10:47 PM.

 "I just wanted to try this you know?" He says, looking at me. "I feel like we can make this work." He sighs and looks back at Bogart who was now snoring softly. Brendon straightens his beanie and smiles.

 "Wait wait. Take a picture of me. Ha." I smiled and he pretended to sleep. I ended up getting a hilarious picture. "Do you have an Instagram?" He asked, sitting up. Bogart gave him an angry look.

 "Yeah," I said. He handed me his phone. I looked myself up and handed it back to him.

 "There," he said with a smile. "I'm following you." It's funny because I only have 87 followers from my old school. I hated my old school. I was bullied and I had no friends. Everyone hated me for no reason except my music teacher. I would stay after school and just talk to him. He was basically my best friend. That kinda sounds weird, oops.

 "I think I'm gonna go to bed. The flight made me tired and I just found out my favorite singer is now my legal guardian." I smiled. "Um... where's my room again?" He chuckles and stands up.

 "Follow me darling." He smiles.

ONE WEEK LATER

 "Syd, wake up. You don't wanna be late for your first day of school do you?" Brendon said, shaking me until I woke up. I groan when he opens my curtains.

 When he left my room, I quickly got dressed. Some ripped skinny jeans, and a burgundy shirt with a black jacket over it. I slip on some black high top converse to complete my look. As I walked down the stairs, I heard Brendon singing. I joined in. A normal morning in the Urie house consisted of early morning singing and waffles. It's weird to think that I've only been here for a week. I feel like I've been here for months.

 While dancing around the kitchen, I shoved my waffle in my mouth. With a full mouth of food, Brendon said to me "Remember, use your last name not mine, don't tell anyone I'm your dad," he pauses for a minute "Yet." He smirks. I nodded and laughed at Penny, his other dog. She was attacking Brendon's foot.

 I walked back up stairs to the bathroom. I put on eyeliner and mascara and then ran back downstairs. I grabbed my backpack and Brendon and I ran to the car. He put on a beanie and sunglasses so he wouldn't be noticed. We hopped in his car and began the drive to school. We were screaming the lyrics to My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark when he dropped my off.

 I gave him a kiss on the cheek before I stepped out of the car. I had my schedule in my hand as I put my stuff in my locker.

1st per: Music
2nd per: Music 2
3rd per: Art
4th per: Science
5th per: P.E
6th per: AP Reading

 I don't have to take math because I tested my way out of it. I began my walk to my first period, getting weird looks from the people around me.

 I mean, they weren't weird looks exactly. They were just looks that are usually given to new people. Hopefully, this school will be better than the last.