The Quiet Memorial

"My best friend used to come with me to learn about myself in the hopes that we could free my friend from the limbo that was the Irene Dimension." She quieted, for a moment.

"Well, did you?"

"He did. And he killed himself doing it."

The Memorial in the woods was quiet. Nobody knew quite what to say. Only one person really knew the man that there was nothing left of due to the explosion. People could recognize his good deeds such as him saving Dante and Nekoette and helping take care of Lilith along with Aphmau, but they didn't KNOW him.

Not like Aphmau did.

She was far too devastated to speak of his behalf.

The people of the town pointed out what they knew of him but there was nothing else to be said. The last person by Aaron's grave was non other than Aphmau. Cradled in her arms was Lilith, their sweet, baby girl. Aphmau was destroyed inside, incurably heartbroken, and incredibly angry. She hated him for what he had done. For leaving them. He promised he wouldn't leave.

Then again, he also promised he'd get Garroth out of the Irene Dimension. He kept that one but broke another, one far more important given the circumstances.

Garroth was fine. He'd only just seem them leave. Time had barely moved there. They could've spent longer finding a sure fire way to get him out.

If only she had waited.

Oh god, she was the reason he killed himself.

Lilith couldn't do much to comfort her mother but babble aimlessly.

"Let's stay here with Daddy for a bit." Aphmau laid out a blanket for Lilith to sit on while she planted flowers by the headstone of his grave. "They were always your favorite, right Aaron?" They were Lily of the Valley's. He adored them because they shared the same name as his late wife. They always brought him happy memories.

What she didn't know was that her guards had witnessed this conversation that she was having with herself. Katelyn, Travis, Dante, and Garroth. Garroth couldn't bare to look at her. The pain he cause could never be undone. If he hadn't switched sides in the first place none of this would've ever happened. He had no time for self pity.

They watched as Aphmau broke down in tears when Lilith crawled over to the stone, touching it and looking to her mother in a confused manner. She couldn't understand yet why everyone was dressed in black. Why everyone was so sad. Why everything was so quiet. Why her dad hadn't joined them for this odd picnic without food, but rather, flowers. Aphmau turned away from Lilith before she could recognize her tears. If she saw that her mom was crying, she would cry too.

The lord took a deep breath. "It's not fair how you left us, and I don't think I can ever forgive you, but that doesn't mean I don't want you to rest in peace with the same flowers we fawned over together. The same beautiful flowers you loved so dearly. I hope they grow to be just as bright and lovely as you." Her voice crumpled and cracked as she recounted the memories.

It didn't take long after planting the flowers for her to pick her baby and blanket that she came to the grave with up, walking towards her purple and white house, atop the hill in Phoenix Drop.