The chute ripped out of it's carrier and the lurch slowed me down just enough to get my wings open and slow down enough not to brake a bone when I touched down. Sozenn landed second and Hudson brought up our rear. I clicked off the safety on my 20 and turned to my friends.

"Keep up or I leave you behind, there are too many people here for us to be messing around in any way."

"Got it boss", Hudson said, "let's go."

I took point with Sozenn at my tail and Hudson bringing up the rear. We followed a path down the cliff and to a small, destroyed rock wall that separated us from two MAT-11 wielding men. They were standing under glowsticks they had hanging from a tree trading what looked like superhero cards with each other. I lowered myself to the ground.

"Let these two go", I whispered.

Sozenn and Hudson nodded to me. It was a ten minute wait before the men's radios rang and they ran off.

"Move", I said, "only shoot at what you can kill."

We followed the trail down to a drop off which led us into a bowl of a fortress that was crawling with rebels. Hudson might be able to slip past, but Sozenn and I would be shot to pieces if we tried to enter.

"There's gotta be a way around here", I said.

"I don't see one", Sozenn said.

"Well you and I are gonna be sharing graves and Hudson is going to have to explain to Adelind and Cora why we didn't come home if we don't find one", I said, "there's gotta be one."

"You feel like getting muddy?", Hudson asked, "there's a deep ass trench that runs along that side of the wall. It looks more than deep enough for you and Sozenn to crawl through."

I looked here Hudson was pointing. Along the entire castle wall was a deep drainage trench that was covered by grates piled high with boxes, you'd only see someone underneath it if you were looking, and even then, with the dark, they would be near impossible to see.

"We stick together", I said looking at Hudson, "we'll carry you through that thing if we have to."

"Just like Vietnam", Hudson said sliding off the cliff. Sozenn and I followed him and hid behind some of the many Deuces parked in the lot. There was a man with an AK-47 pacing up an down the row with a high powered flashlight. He'd raise the alarm if he saw us.

"Hudson", I said, "take him."

Hudson drew his knife and crept up behind the man. He stood all the way up, turned around and punched him dead in the face with the brass knuckles and knocked him cold. He stashed the man underneath the Deuce and then we pressed forward to the grate. Sozenn and I slipped under and Hudson followed. The water was up to my chest and came to a little past Hudson's neck. It impeded his movement so badly that he had to get onto Sozenn's back.

As we moved down the trench, I stopped our advance.

"Plant C4 here to cover our escape", I whispered.

Hudson nodded and placed a block of C4 underneath the area where a crate was sitting so it wasn't visible. He armed it and we pressed down the rest of the trench and came out near the back wall. To our left was what looked like SAT COM building as there were several dishes on the roof and there was a light on inside. The three of us slunk up to the building and I looked inside. The man supposed to be manning the camera's was asleep on the job.

I crept up behind him and pulled him out of the chair, smacking his unprotected head against the concrete, knocking him out. I took a look at the security camera feed. Most of the monitors were blank, but one of them was observing a dragon walking up to it. He stood up on his hind legs and looked into the camera before it went to static.