𝟏𝟐: 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑽𝑬

Today was the day.

The day of the party.

It felt like I was fourteen again, which was only three years ago. When I was completely livid about crazy, high school parties. I'm probably guessing that all of that teenage spirit died down into a ditch, maturity brushed over me and soon dragged away partying.

I stretched the small skirt down and stared at myself in the oval shaped mirror. I didn't look that bad. The outfit was cute, petite, and pretty. But, it was a challenge for the cold weather to get by.

I slipped on the jacket, sensing a flopped frown that had crept onto my face. My hands trailed up to smooth out my hair, I crouched down and grabbed the nearest socks that I could find. They were a bold, black color. I slipped them on and snatched the plastic bag that was next to my bed, it had all of the VHS tapes in them. I hurried to the door, opening it and walking downstairs.

I rushed towards the door, stopping to slide my shoes on. They were my worn out sneakers, nothing special. I unlocked the door with my key, spotting Tatum's car parked out in the driveway. She rolled down her window and stuck her whole body out, waving her hands in the air.

"Hey! (Y/N)! Get over hereee!" Tatum screamed. I skipped down the steps and ran to the car.

"I'm here..I'm right here!" I panted slightly. She stuck her finger out, shooting it to the direction of the back seat.

"Back seat. Now." Tatum gave a deceiving glare.

"Really!? The back seat? Again?" I groaned and hopped into the back. I noticed Sidney's brown hair stroking the seat gently. She turned around and flashed a smile.

"Hey (Y/N). You look nice!" Sidney exclaimed.

"Thanks Sid." I replied.

"Alright! Lets roll." Tatum said. She pulled back the car and steered her wheel.

A couple minutes went by. The car dashed by a gigantic house. Obviously, I've seen Stu's house a billion times, but it looked like a Christmas tree. Many people were at the front, either lying on floor, or staggering around with glass bottles in their hands.

"Wow." I stated. Tatum stopped the car and squinted her eyes.

"We're here!" Tatum said. I could tell she was excited. "Sidney, can you get the bottles in the trunk for us? Pleaseee." she begged.

"Finee." Sidney murmered. "Don't blame me if I break my back." she rolled her eyes.

Tatum popped the trunk open. She opened the door for both of us to exit. I could hear the loud music booming the second I stepped out of the car. Blurred, loud voices were heard everywhere, in and out of the house. Sidney walked over to the trunk and started picking up the bags carefully.

I looked back at Sidney. I nudged Tatum with my body weight. She almost fell over. Tatum gave an annoyed gawk.

"What?" Tatum asked. She raised her voice due to the loud music.

"Don't go around treating people like your slaves. At least help Sid!" I yelled.

"Don't worry! I got it." Sidney reassured, she walked over to us, carrying the bags as if they were nothing. Tatum looked at her, then back at me.

"Sid's got it. She's strong!" Tatum roared and ran inside the open door as we came closer.

"Lets go. You can place the bags on the counters." I smiled. Sidney nodded.

Once we took our first steps in, my whole body vibrated. I could see Tatum almost a few feet ahead of us. I bit my lip nervously. Stu's place was never really this crowded. I guess people agreed to come because of the free beer and movies. The bag I had wrapped around my wrists jingled. Tatum squealed and turned to look at us.