Cami dropped her pen, sending Irene flying down to get it. She picked it up and started to run with it, but Ingrid caught her, handing the pen to Cami. "Ingrid," said Cami a bit sternly, "please don't tell me you promised that to him."

"I don't recall if I did. But I will try. I've never resurrected someone, but I know it's possible. I killed Aiden, I have to take responsibility for it."

"But what if you aren't able to?"

"Then at least I'll have tried. I'll be honest with Josh if my efforts aren't working. I'd consult Kol and Freya, too. I just... I know I can't take back anything I did years ago. I know there's no use in fixing any of that. The relatives of the people I killed are gone. And as for anyone else that died when Dahlia and I came here... none have stuck out as much as Aiden. I need to at least try to make things right. I think it'd make me feel a lot better if I could attempt to fix it."

"It might distress you more if you're unable to."

Ingrid began to grow frustrated. "I shouldn't have even brought it up."

"I'm not trying to make you feel bad," said Cami. "Because what you did was very honorable... very kind. But I also don't want either you or Josh to be saddled with false hope. It will hurt you tremendously if you end up being unsuccessful. I just want you to think of the implications of taking on a task like that. How will you do it? Don't you need Aiden's ashes? The werewolf funerals don't exactly function that way."

"I don't need his ashes," said Ingrid hotly. "Josh buried his heart in the Bayou. If I use his heart, some of his items, a few choice herb and black salt, a concentrated candle circle and a strong source of power— Kol for example— then as the person who ripped his heart out, I can magically 'put it back' and recreate his body simultaneously. For fuck's sake, why doesn't anyone think me capable of anything anymore?" She turned away. "Sorry," she muttered. "It infuriates me when someone doubts me."

"And why is that?" said Cami, as patiently as ever.

"Because I was born with more power than most witches who have ever walked this Earth. It's like I told Finn... I could do anything. I was immortal. I could cure anyone, create life, take it, destroy a whole coven with a wave of my hand, create a new one, form new branches of magic... anything I set my mind to, I could do. I never expected to die permanently. But I did. And now I'm powerless and I-I'm..." her voice broke, "terrified that I'm never going to have my magic again and that next time I will die for real because I'll be human and nothing will bring me back."

"Say it," whispered Cami. "As bluntly as you can."

"I'm scared to die again," whispered Ingrid, a tear sliding down her cheek. "I'm scared that if I don't get my magic soon, I'll be stuck in a situation I can't get myself out of and I'll just be gone."

Cami handed her a tissue, holding it up high so Irene couldn't snatch it from her. "I'm proud of you for saying it," she soothed. "It's a step towards healing."

"Everything is a step," muttered Ingrid as she dried her eyes. "But nothing is a stride. Nothing is a leap. I don't want to be taking slow steps to getting my magic back. I want it back now."

"I know. And I wish I could help you get it back sooner. But even in non-magical beings, healing takes time. Your body and mind need a break. They worked so very hard for a long time and now, they need a breather."

Ingrid figured they ought to move on before she started to feel annoyed again. "I suppose the next one to talk about is Freya. And Freya's son. My nephew."

"Alright. Start whenever you're ready."

"I feel like it's wrong that I still resent her for it," said Ingrid, crossing her arms. "But... that's the truth. I hate that she did it. I hate that I had to see her die that way. We made a promise that we wouldn't fall in love. I thought we'd both keep it and be safe. But she broke her vow, she fell in love with Matthias. And that was when Freya and I had our first fight. I was telling her that as nice as he was, he was a human. Powerless against Dahlia.