Sam finished his song before announcing, "Give it up for Dr. and Mrs. Abbott!" Everyone applauded for them as he hooked up the speakers to the music player.

Marci wanted to tell him that he did a great job but Adella already beat her too it. She decided to get a drink and wait to talk him to not appear rude. Plus, it gave her a few moments to build up the confidence.

At the punch bowl, a familiar blonde walks up to her, "That was special, wasn't it?" Haley asked with a suspicious grin.

"Yeah, it was." Marci agreed taking a sip.

"I was taking some pictures, and I couldn't help but notice Sam looking at you throughout his performance." She continued to grin looking through her camera reel.

"What? N-no! He must've been really into his performance." Marci countered pleaded.

"Say what you want," Haley showed some pictures, "But he seemed really into you."

Any confidence she was building up was completely torn down at this revelation. How is she supposed to talk to him when she knows she'll make herself look like an idiot.

"Look, your cousin is done talking to him. Now's you chance." She urges gently pushing her arm.

Marci felt her heart stop, she was clearly not ready. She was paralyzed in fear that she didn't realize Haley was talking to her let alone guiding her over to where Sam was.

"Hey Sam, we just wanted to tell you that your song was really sweet." She compliments and pokes Marci in her side to wake her up.

"Y-yes! I thought it was really good." Marci stutters feeling her face get red.

"Thanks," he smiles, "Doc gave me the idea but luckily I had a new found inspiration to finish it one time."

"And what was your inspiration?" Marci asked.

"Well I can't really tell you, it's bad luck for musicians." Sam mentions bashfully rubbing his neck.

Haley excused herself before joining the party and taking more pictures. They continued talking a bit more and Marci could feel herself get more confident. She even asked him to dance when a slow song came on. She wasn't much of a dancer but she was surprised that he said yes.

"So, how much longer are you gonna stay in the valley?" He asks placing his hands on her hips.

"Probably till after they come back from their honeymoon." She answers resting her hands on his shoulders, "I agreed to watch the farm while they're gone."

"That's cool, I'll still be able to see you around town then." Sam smiles blushing lightly.

Marci felt her face get warmer and her heart nearly beating out of her chest, "Maybe we can do something over the summer?"

"Yeah, that would be awesome!" He smiles happily as they continue dancing.

She couldn't believe it that she essentially asked him to hang out over the summer! With all the terrible events that happen to her last year, Marceline was finally happy that something in her life was going right.

-<~***~>-

-*Author's Note: Thank you all for being so patient with me! I am feeling a lot better so I took the opportunity with the serotonin I got to write this. I got a few new followers recently and I want to say thank you so much and I won't let you down!*-

-*BONUS: I know nobody asked but I just wanted to share a picture of my little heathens. For context: the orange cat is Chewbacca and the whitish grayish one is Cooper.*-

*-