" Yes. I understand."

" We'll have to fly to London asap, i.e as soon as Aman gains consciousness. " He added further and all a father could do in times like this is nod.

" Have hope Mr. Raichand. " Dr. Jeffs gave a light pat on his shoulder before leaving. 

" Papa... What happened?" Aavya, Ayan, Kyra, and Miher came in. Apparently, Aavya had seen the events unfold and with Miher already on her side, all she could call for was her brother. Ansh narrated and a soft sad gasp left Aavya's throat. 

" Yes, papa. I'll see to it that the best arrangements are made for Aman." Saying so he left. 

As much as Kyra looked devasted she held her ground. Aavya saw her father's pain and all her strength seemed to have drained out. 

" I'll check on him for a while," Ansh stated not waiting for an answer and going into Aman's room. Kyra too felt numb and made her way to the lounge to check if her father was awake so as to inform him about the recent updates.  

" Aavya, I think I'll have a word with..."

" Please, stay. For a few minutes." Aavya didn't let him complete and held his hand. And so he stayed. 

✿✿✿

When Ansh walked into the ICU and saw myriad tubes running in and out of his son's body, it was as if history was repeating itself. Only this time it was much worst. Why did it have to be like that? What did he do to deserve this? First his wife and then his son. 

He sat next to his bed and took his sweet time having a good look at Aman. His breathing was synchronous with some random machine beeps. There was so much to talk about and yet nothing to say. At that precise second all he wanted was for him to open his eyes. So, waiting, his exhausted eyes shut. It had been quite a few tiringly long draining hours. 

" P-papa..." It was slow at first. But, the 2nd call was enough to jolt Ansh back from his slumber which wasn't at all deep. 

" A-aman... Hey!!" And it was the first time he smiled in days. It had hardly been an hour since Ansh took his place beside his son. Aman's hand was held firmly by his father and though he felt like a little boy it was good. It was really good to see him. He felt protected. 

Aman returned the smile but the medical apparatus made it difficult. 

" Are you alright?" Aman managed a whisper. It felt like a blessing to be able to talk. It was painful but he wanted to. He was literally dying to talk to his father. Despite the low voice, Ansh could hear him clearly. 

And he chuckled, "  Given the current situation I'm not sure you should be the one asking that question." 

" Exactly, why it needs to be answered." It was then that Ansh acknowledged that as much as Aman was so much like him, he was also so much like Ahana. He was definitely more like his mother and no one else. Given Ahana she'd always want to know whether the person opposite her is well even if she was in the worst possible predicament. And she'd always put her family first. And Aman was no less. Every time Ansh had branded him selfish he was only proving him wrong. He had just been putting his family first, all this time. Maybe not the first time he ran away but everyone's forgiven for their first mistakes and Aman had also proved that running away to chase your dreams might never be a mistake. 

God, he couldn't be more proud of his son and it was getting really tough to not tear up in front of him. 

" I'd be much better if you hadn't been thus," he replied giving in.