Chapter 19- Love just happens

Start from the beginning

Ruth placed her hand on top of mine and looked directly into my eyes.

I thought she was going to give me some advices to control my feelings or tell me to confess to him but-

"Seriously Jennifer? You had four guys, Okay, one of them you consider your brother, but.. You had to fall for the one who's already taken?!" She deadpanned.

She's right.

I know.

Just then, the silence of the house was interuppted by Max and Liam arguing about something while Zack entered rolling his eyes.

As soon as I saw Max, I got up from the couch and ran towards him, already feeling tears line the corners of my eyes.

I jumped on Max and hugged him tightly. He stumbled a few steps back due to the force and chuckled before wrapping his arms around me.

"I am so happy to see you fine again." I sniffled.

I didn't even realise that I was already crying.

Max rubbed my back, trying to calm me down.

"Did you guys really thought I would die so soon? I mean, c'mon! There's so much I have to do in life like- living in a huge house near the beach with my 9 cats till the age of 85. I won't go so soon."

"I am serious, Max!" I sobbed.

"Jennifer, it's alright. I am alright. Please don't cry, sis." He said in a soft voice.

I pulled away from him and smiled. He made a weird face at me and I burst out laughing.

"Now that's the Jennifer I like!"

Ruth greeted and shook hands with Max before properly introducing herself.

"I can't believe you guys went on a kidnapping mission without me!" Max dramatically wiped a fake tear from his cheek.

"We didn't told you to go to that lake alone and then get beaten up half to death." Zack rolled his eyes.

"Please, don't remind me about that." Max frowned.

***

The next day we went to school while Max and Ruth stayed at home.

Ruth needs to have a fake identity before she could come to school otherwise her father would easily find her.

I was going towards my locker but two girls blocked my way. They were staring at me coldly and before I could ask them to get aside, one of them spoke up.

"You don't deserve to hang out with those guys, Jennifer. I mean, look at you, you are ugly-"

"I didn't know you had a mirror on your face, Jennifer." Zack said before swinging his arm around my shoulder.

He gave a brutal glare at the girls in front of us while they were nervously fixing their hair and clothes.

I looked from Zack to the girls then back at Zack while he continued glaring daggers at them.

"What did they say to you, Jennifer?" Zack finally said, breaking the tense silence. His cold expression softened as he looked at me.

"We were just telling Jennifer how lucky she is to hang out with guys like you." The other girl nervously replied.

Zack raised his eyebrow, asking me if that was true. "She's lying. They just told me that I am not worthy of hanging out with you guys." I said.

Zack's glare resembled that of a predator's, which was enoigh to make anyone's soul to just evaporate.