Chapter 22 - Love under the Twilight

Y/n's PoV

He held my hand as we got off from the plane.
I was blown away by the views and I wasn't even watching my steps anymore. Turquoise blue sea with white sandy beach, surrounded by coconut palms. It was a paradise. The light sea breeze, gently caressed our skin as we walked under the warm sun towards our private villa. By now, I was mesmerised by the alluring natural beauty around me and didn't even realise where I was walking.

TAE's PoV

She was holding my hand as she walked with me to our Villa. But she wasn't even paying attention to where I was taking her anymore. She was lost in her own world by the view around her. That enchanting smile and those awestruck beady eyes...she looked just like how I saw her the first time.

Author's PoV

She walked, lost in the island's beauty and he walked with her lost in her beauty.
He stopped for a moment as they reached the front of the Villa.
Tae: "Do you like it?"
He asked eagerly.
Y/n: "Yes! It's...beautiful..."
she exclaimed clasping his hand tightly.
Y/n: "where's are we?"
She asked looking at him
Tae: "Welcome to Naladhu, Maldives...my private island...and this is where we will be staying..."
He pointed to the villa.
Y/n: "Haaah! Really...?"
Her eyes widened as her lips parted.
Tae: "Hmm. You wanna go and see inside?"
Y/n: "Let's go..."
She pulled his hand and ran into the villa. He followed her just like he did when he was a little boy 15 years ago..

TAE's PoV

We both ran inside holding hands. She saw the stairs from the bedroom which led to the shallow waters of the sunshine glimmering ocean. She watched the little fishes swimming around playfully as she held my hand tightly. I've been here many times, it was nothing new. Yet, going through it all again holding her hands made it special. She was transcended by the nature around her. She's always been like that.
She took a few steps down the stairs towards the water.
Y/n: "Can I go in the water?"
I smiled.
Tae: "Yes"
Y/n: "will they bite?"
She asked as she pointed to the fishes in the water.
Tae: "No...you are fine..."
She smiled back at me and let go of me hand. She slowly stepped off and immersed her feet into the water. She Splashed around playfully and the little fishes started to circle around her feet.
Tae: "Baby careful...they'll bite."
I playfully lied to her.
Y/n: "what?! But you said..."
She looked at me in surprise...
Tae: "They are coming for you..."
I put on a deep menacing tone in my voice.
Y/n: "Arghhhhh...
With a high pitched screech she hurriedly stepped out of the water and onto the steps. But she slipped backwards as she didn't place her foot very well on the steps. She grabbed on my shirt tightly and I held her waist and pulled her towards me.
She wrapped her arms around my shoulders tightly as I lifted her up.
Y/n: "You said they won't bite..."
She slapped my chest lightly.
Tae: "They don't bite."
Y/n: "What?"
Tae: "I lied..." I laughed at her.
She cutely frowned at me and looked at the water again.
Tae: "Shall we go in?"
Y/n: "No..."
She refused making her grip on me firmer.
Tae: "Why?"
Y/n: "Now I'm paranoid..."
Tae: "Aaah...they won't. Come on..."
Y/n: "no, no...I don't want to"
She even tightened her hold around me.
Tae: "They wont bite...See..."
I showed her my feet in the water as I splashed with couple of small kicks.
She looked down smiling and got down into the water. Still a little scared she held my shirt as she walked around joyfully. I stood by her, just watching her.

The sun was slowly dipping into the ocean illuminating the sky with its last few bright orange rays...
Tae: "y/n ahhh! It's getting late...come on..."
I called as I sat on the steps. She was still playing around in the water.
Y/n: "little bit more..."
She carried on...
Tae: "Baby, It's getting dark...the sharks would start to come out soon..."
She gasped as my words hit her ears and ran towards me. Containing my chuckle in my chest I kept my serious face on.
Y/n: "Let's go..."
She pulled my arm and we both went up the wooden stairs.