1.1

c h a p t e r: 11
u n e d i t e d
Hope

Nash stormed out and yelled. It was soon followed by fits of laughter. I felt so embarrassed. I laid in bed on my stomach, and felt it again. I covered my mouth with my hand as I tried to think of something else.

"Hope, oh my Gosh! I'm so sorry, I had no idea!" Riley came running inside the room and looked at me. She helped me into the bathroom. She pulled my hair away as I emptied the contents from my stomach in to the toilet.

"There you go, get it all out" she said as she rubbed my back. After a few rounds it finally stopped and Riley handed me a cup of water.

"Let's get you home, you need to rest" she pulled me up on my feet and when she started to walk, I froze.

"I can't" I said and she frowned.

"Why? Do you need to throw up more?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I just humiliated myself and you want me to go out there, you're crazy" I said as I tried to laugh it easy. Humor is a very common defense mechanism.

"Well I don't care, okay? You need to get home and sleep." Home! The place where I'm safe. My guardian angel, mom, dad, jake. But the fact of coming home this drunk would make my mother shake her head in disappointment.

"No I can't go home.! My Mom and dad would kill me, I promised them I would be careful and safe. Do you think this looks careful and safe?" I said as I panicked and she chuckled.

"Well you stopped a guy from sleeping with you, so you're safe. But yeah okay, you can sleep at my place, my parents are away anyway so." I thanked her and when we walked out from the room she had to let go of me because I wanted to show a little dignity I had left. Everyone looked at me, I felt the heat rise unto my cheeks and I just wanted to curl into a ball and cry.

People laughed and clapped their hands. I walked after and faster towards the door with my head down to cover my eyes filled with tears and humiliation. Riley came after me but got stopped by Matthew and they kissed, and kissed some more. I walked back and dragged her away from him.

"Hope, take it easy its okay." Riley said which made me snort. Apparently its okay that after my first week you puke over a senior and make a complete fool of yourself.

"Okay, now I can kiss my sweet days goodbye. Fuck highschool" I said a little mad but still nervous how this year will be for me. I didn't feel good at all. The horrible feeling and thought about everything will get like it used to be. The thought made my eyes start to water and tear up even more. I blinked fast so nobody will see it. We jumped into her car and drove of. A wave of relief washed over me.

"Thank you Riley." I was really thankful for her.

"No problem, that's what friends are for." We both smiled.

...

I woke up by the sound of a unfamiliar alarm clock. I opened my eyes and locked around the place. Riley was sound asleep next to me. My head hurt like hell. I had some pajama shorts on and tanktop on, that Riley let me wear. I rose from the bed and searched for a bathroom. Maybe this door.... Nope a walk in closet. I sighed, maybe a little too loud.

Riley sat up and said "what are you doing Hope?"

I chuckled, "looking for a bathroom" she then chuckled too.

"Oh, down the hall and to the left " I walked where she told me to and found it. I did what I had to do and walked back.

"So how are you feeling?" She asked and I sat doen on the bed, next to her

"Good, what happened last night? Except from the last where I threw up all over a senior." The headache I had when I first woke up, had slightly faded.

"Yeah, well Justin and Ciara slept with each other.... Again" she sighed.

I frowned, "again?"

________

Make sure to like, comment, and add suggestions!

Do you guys like these short chapters or should I add more? Let me know

-Sam 💞

Edit: I really need to edit these chapters! They're so short 😭