OO3.

❝ the third chapter

❝ the third chapter. ❞

୨┈┈┈┈┈ ✧ ┈┈┈┈┈୧

"Will all applicants who passed the First Phase please enter?" A feminine voice called out, making everyone turn their heads to the source. In the middle of the area, a tall blue-haired woman sat on a throne-looking chair with her leg crossed over the other. Behind her sat an extremely large man who wore a broad smile.

As the group walked inside the gates, Mallory's eyes widened at the sheer size of the male examiner.

He's bigger up close! What is he, a freaking titan?!

"Welcome." The blue haired woman grinned. "I'm Menchi, the Second Phase examiner."

"And I'm Buhara, the other examiner." Buhara's smile widened.

A sudden silence followed after their introductions, nobody daring to speak up as they tried to prepare themselves for what was to come. Mallory allowed her aquamarine eyes to scan the area, she noticed there were a lot of cooking materials laid out on some equally spaced counters.

Wait, cooking materials?

Then, a loud rumbling noise erupted throughout the crowd, earning shocked gasps from the participants. Mallory raised a brow at the sudden interruption.

"W-What was that sound?"

"I don't know!"

"Was it some kind of beast?!"

Taking the chance, Mallory immediately turned to Leorio with a teasing look in her eye. She sighed deeply as she crossed her arms, shaking her head, "Really, old man? Do you have no shame? I get that you're hungry but at least try to show a little more restraint."

The man whipped his head around screeched, "YOU LITTLE BRAT! THAT WASN'T ME! HOW COULD I PRODUCE SUCH AN ANIMALISTIC SOUND?!"

"I don't know, you kind of sound like a vulture right now..."

"WHY YOU-"

Killua snickered and sent a secret thumbs up to the girl, who gave him a cheeky grin in response.

"You must be hungry," Menchi turned to the man behind her and spoke in a rehearsed manner.

"I'm starving..."

Wait... Mallory's eyes widened.

Menchi grinned and stood up. "There you have it. Phase Two will involve..."

Don't say it...!

"COOKING!"

NO! A comical boulder fell on her head. Mallory was, to say the least, a terrible cook. When you grow up in a wealthy family like the Di Moze's, you don't cook for yourself. The chefs do it for you. However, when Mallory had decided to become independent, she told herself that she wouldn't rely on others to make her food anymore and attempted to make herself some pancakes for breakfast.