Chapter 5

MEGAN POV (THE NEXT DAY)

I wake up happy as shit and feeling good cuddled up to Melinda. I got my kids and my girl with me what more could I ask for. I feel Melinda get up and think nothing of it, until I hear screaming. Thinking it's the tv or something I roll over going back to sleep, until I hear my name.

Jumping out of bed I rush downstairs to see Normani and Melinda yelling in each other faces.
"Whoa whoa what's going on!?!" I yell
"Megan tell yo bitch to keep her hands to herself... I -"
"Who you calling a bitch! Bitch!!"
"Okay stop it! The both of you! What the hell you doing here Normani? It's my week with the kids"
"Not Anymore!! Since yo girlfriend over here don't know how to keep her hands to herself"
"Tuh Normani what you talking about?" I say putting my hands in my pockets of my sweats looking up at the ceiling frustrated
"Azalea called me telling me how she hit Amazon at the zoo. After you left them with her. They don't even know her and you just left them with her. What's wrong with you?!"
"Okay the kids been met Melinda, so it's nothing new to them. Okay the leaving the part with her is new to them, but I trust her. She wouldn't hurt them."
"Then why is Azalea saying she hit him... THEN on top of that said that when she told her she was going to tell you that she hit her too. And that she didn't want to tell you cause she said it's not the first time it happened... yeah I knew about Melinda long before yesterday. The kids told me about her, so I'm not even tripping over that. But HER putting her hands on my kids is a problem!"

"Azalea has been asking me when are we getting back together... how we know she not lying just to break Melinda and I up?"

"Wow so you just gonna take this bitches side over yo kids!! Y-You really ain't shit. Forreal Meg"

"I didn't say all that. I'm just saying why would she -"
"Y-You d-d-don't believe me M-Mama" Azalea says coming from out of hiding.
"N-NO baby it's not that... I... I" I struggle to get the words out. But Azalea goes running into Normani's arms crying. I go to speak, then Amazon comes waddling out on his little legs. And I do not miss the red mark on the side of his face.

I just can't believe that Melinda would do that. No I KNOW she wouldn't do that. His face is just like that because of how he slept. It has to be. Melinda wouldn't do that.

Normani grabs Amazon not saying anything more. And her and Azalea walk out hand and hand as she carries Amazon. I just stand there watching them walk out. Melinda comes next to me holding onto my arms, saying "Don't worry baby, you got me and that's all that matters"

Not saying anything I watch Normani pull off, and all I can think is... did I make the right decision.

NORMANI POV (TWO WEEKS LATER)

I'm sitting having lunch with Ryan talking about this shit with Megan. How can you not believe your kids, and Amazon had a big ass red mark on his face!! Probably from her slapping him like Azalea said. Beyond frustrated and stressed from this situation, I don't even know what to do.

Azalea isn't herself, she doesn't want to see Megan anymore. She doesn't even talk about her or even acknowledge her as mama anymore. She calls her Megan. Now I don't go for any disrespect like that, but I agree with my baby on this one. Megan has made her bed and now she has to lie in it.

Amazon, ugh my boy he's more clingy to me now. And doesn't even wanna go to Megan's mom house. I think anything that is Megan he doesn't want to be around. He just wants to be around me. Even school, it's such a hassle to just drop him off at daycare.
I don't know what this bitch did to my kids, but let me see her in the streets and she gonna need a new face.

"So has she tried to contact you at all?"
"Nope"
"Not even to talk to the kids??"
"Nope! I don't know what's going on with her. But it's like whatever to me, my kids and I will be alright. Like we have been. They don't need to depend on her at all, that's why they have me"
"I hear you girl. But I still can't believe she sided with that hoe, after all this time. She knows Aza wouldn't lie and especially for something as serious as this!"
"I know. I know. And it's killing me that she would think that she's lying. And she hasn't even tried to talk to the kids. Like why are you believing this hoe and not your kids. I'm so frustrated, but you know what life goes on. And I wish her well, but she better not come back apologizing when she see for herself what that bitch did"