Chapter 6

MEGAN POV

I'm in the studio struggling to come up with a rap. My mind is all over the place mainly on this court case going on. Taking a deep breath I close my eyes and think on the good times. Meeting Aza for the first time at the park, having Normani in my arms, is having Zon. Us going to the park as a family and even when we would go out to eat. My family, I miss them so much.

I'm worried about this case cause I know I just opened something I shouldn't have. Listening to Melinda, why did I? I don't know it's not just I find it hard to believe that she'll do that. I don't know call me dumb.
I know I shouldn't but why would she lie right, we're already together so there's no point in lying. I honestly think Aza is saying this because she wants Normani and I to get back together. She wants her moms together, and I do too. But this is just not the way to do it.

As I try to push that out my mind, I realize how close the court date is getting. I honestly just want the best for our kids. That's all I want.

THREE WEEKS LATER
Today is the day, back in court and the kids have to be here. Ugh, I'm nervous, I'm scared, I don't know how to feel. All I know is that I somewhat feel like shit, for bringing the kids into this. I wish I could take it all back, and not let Melinda get into my head. Everyone's mad at me, my kids, Normani, my momma, my friends and my fans.

Damn when they heard of us going to court they went on a frenzy and chewed my ass up. Well are still chewing my ass up cause no one wants to deal with my shit. I don't even wanna deal with me. Let's just get this over with.

NORMANI POV
Walking into the court room, I see Megan and her lawyer with Melinda. I look at her and all I see is sadness and stress. I kinda feel bad but she's the reason this is happening, I shouldn't feel bad. But I can't help it. Everyone on social media is dragging her ass, it's like she's getting hate from everyone and everywhere.

I hold Amazon closer to me as he snuggles into my neck. My boy didn't like going to the therapist the court ordered and talking. I don't know what was said, cause I couldn't ask and I'm not trying to get in trouble. So I quietly waited for today to come so I can get all the details.

The judge enters in and we all rise then sit back down. "Let's begin" she says, and that was the beginning of this horrible day.
...........

I'm in the bathroom puking my guts out. I cannot believe what I just heard, the things she did. She said to my kids. Oh my gosh if I would've known earlier I would've beat the shit out of her my damn self. She wouldn't even be breathing right now.

I'm trying to calm myself down, but I just can't. Taking deep breaths and calming myself down, but I can't. I so badly wanna go in the court room and kill her. But Megan got to her before I could.

Flashback

"Now that you've been sworn in, can you please tell us your thoughts after interviewing with the children" the judge says to the therapist
"Yes I can." She says pulling out her notes

"Both children love both their parents very much. But are definitely upset with the new change their going through. Azalea understands why both parents aren't together, but also wants them to get back together. There's one particular day she brought up that I asked about and it was about how her mama had got a call about their grandma hurting herself. She asked her girlfriend, Melinda if she could watch them till she gets back. She said it'll be quick and Azalea says it was. But during that time, Melinda pushed Amazon onto the floor because he asked for another carton of juice. Azalea in her words said that being the bigger sister she spoke up for him. Picking him up and yelling at Melinda. But she went and slapped her hard on her left cheek. Knocking both her and Amazon onto the floor. She then said that she got in her face telling her that she better not tell or in her words using a large adult language that she will f word her and her mother up. Scaring Azalea because she said it with a smile on her face. Another time she notes is the latest one where they all went to the zoo but her mama got a call then said she had to leave go to do her work. Her work as a rapper. Once she left, Melinda brought them into the bathroom piling them into the larger stall. Asking to see the bruise she left on Amazon the left time they were there. Where she pushed him in the house hitting his leg making a slight bruise around his knee. I asked Azalea did she tell her mommy about it and why not. She said she was scared, she knows her mommy and mama would do anything for her and Amazon but was scared of Melinda. She didn't want her to hurt anyone. Especially when she seen her mama with a black eye. So after bringing them into the bathroom she wanted to see the bruise but Azalea told her no, and began to twist her wrist. While covering Azalea's mouth so she wouldn't scream. Um there's more that happened that day, but overall I think the kids are safer with their mother Ms. Hamilton due to the fact that the abuse happened in Ms. Pete's care. It always happened these last 2 months when they were with her. Because of her new girlfriend Melinda. I believe further act-"

"What was the other stuff she did?" Megan cuts off the therapist

"I.. I honestly think the should remain between the children and I. But counsel-"
"What. Did. She. Do?" Megan says with some anger laced in her voice

"Mr. Abraham talk to your client!" The judge says

"Yes your Honor." And her lawyer begins to mumble to her, and she disregards him yelling saying what did she do.

They ask both of us if we would like to know. We both say yes, and the therapist continues on.

"On the inside of Amazon's left middle finger, she burnt him with a fork she sat over hot fire. She put him in his high chair to restrain him and held the fork onto his finger till the skin began to fall off. This happened and Azalea was tied up in her room listening to him screaming... um she then left him there and went to Azalea's room telling her that she will respect her and began to punch her in her stomach. Until she passed out. U-Um s-she then took Amazon out the high chair and dragged him by his foot up the stairs to his room which is why he has a mark on his face.. a-"

Before she could say anymore, Megan reaches behind her grabbing Melinda and starts punching the shit out of her. With her fist getting bloody, she doesn't stop. She keeps going, no one could stop her. Not even the court guards. They begin to tase her, but it's like she's the hulk NOTHING was stopping her. Ryan and I rushed the kids out the court room, not before we walked past and Azalea kicked Melinda in the head. Getting her hits in too.

Once we're outside I grab both Azalea and Amazon, kissing and telling them how sorry I am. Sorry that I didn't see any signs or saw anything. All I can do is cry and apologize. I look at Amazon's finger and see a healed burnt. Not being able to stomach it anymore I ran to the bathroom throwing my guts up.

Flashback Over

I'm rinsing my mouth out that I don't even notice Megan next to me washing her hands off. The water running red.

"Did you kill her?"
"I wish. They tased me twice.... Normani... I'm sorry. So sorry that I even stuck up for that bitch. I owe it to the kids and you. I-If you think I shouldn't be around, I understand. I let them be around a crazy ass woman. You- Your right I'm unfit. I-I'll be signing my rights over to you. I-I don't deserve to be their parent" she says then walks out the bathroom before I could say anything.

Stunned is what I am right now. I don't even know how or where we're going to start over from here.

__________
This chapter makes me so sad.