Husband!KakashixWife!Reader (🍋)

Requested by and dedicated to: kxkxshx

Hope you enjoy!♡♡

••••

Kakashi's fingers drummed against his desk as he grew bored of working. He was stressed out from working such long hours. He felt like it was wearing on his marriage which only stressed him out more. The fact alone that he'd barely seen his wife in a week made him irritable first and foremost. It didn't take much to set him off lately.

His gaze fell on the photo of the two of you that he kept on his desk and his brows furrowed as he thought back to the last time he'd been able to touch you, forcing a sigh of irritation out of him. That's when he realized he'd promised to have lunch with you today and idea hit him.

"Kakashi."

"Yea? Oh, Shikamaru. When did you get here?"

Shikamaru sighed and rolled his eyes, "I've been talking to you for five minutes. Did you seriously not hear any of it?"

"No actually, I was thinking about something. What is it that you need? I'm going home for lunch."

Shikamaru sighed, pointing at the stack of papers on his desk. "Finish signing those before you leave, Kakashi.

"Look Shikamaru, it's almost three in the afternoon. I've been signing papers since I got here at five thirty this morning."

"Today is the deadline Kakashi. We all know how you are about procrastinating. Finish that stack and I won't let anyone bring you more."

"You're worse than a drill Sargeant. I haven't eaten since last night and (name) was suppose to have lunch with me. I promised her, Shikamaru."

Kakashi stared Shikamaru down, his gaze intense. Shikamaru sighed and rolled his eyes, turning to walk out.

"Technically those papers were suppose to be done a week ago. I can't keep letting you leave before your work is finished. Your lunch always takes more than an hour and I already have people breathing down my neck about you. I can't keep feeding them lies, Kakashi."

Kakashi waited until the door closed behind Shikamaru and quickly made his escape, jumping out the window and over the railing to the dirt path below. He disappeared into the sea of villagers, waving as he passed them. He made a B-line straight for his house, sighing as he unlocked the door and stepped in quietly, locking the door behind himself.

He quickly rounded the corner to the kitchen, a small smirk forming on his lips under the mask on his face as your singing voice suddenly filled the room. You were currently cooking lunch, dancing around as you sung, swaying your hips a little. A smile appeared on your lips as you sensed Kakashi's chakra. His is the only one you can sense from miles away. Although the two of you had only been married for four years, you had dated for four years and were engaged for two before then.

"Kakashi, welcome home."

He walked over and covered your mouth, whispering in your ear.

"Shikamaru probably knows I've left by now. Let's go lie down for a moment, sweetheart. I don't want to be caught."

Your face flushed from his soft voice, making you slightly dizzy. It had been a while since he had gotten this close to you. The fact that he had yet to remove his hand from your mouth made you shiver. You nodded and reached up to turn the stove off, your hands shaking as you nodded, complying with his wishes and he released you, leading you to the bedroom.

"Get on the bed and under the covers, quickly."

You slipped under the covers after sitting in the bed and laid down as Kakashi removed his robe and hat. He quickly slipped under the covers as he sensed Shikamaru's chakra and not only that but his scent, which Kakashi had become all to familiar with. He yanked the blankets up over himself and you let out a soft yawn and stretched.