Chapter 10

Zuma POV

I like following Rocky around, he makes me feel safer and more protected. He's like my knight in shining armor, he is brave, strong, and has amazing looks. I could never ask for anyone better and no one can ever replace him. He's an inspiration even though he does something way different from me. We always find a way to work together, even though I do not get enough calls. Both mine and Rocky's pup tags go off "Paw patrol! To the lookout tower!" Ryder said through our pup tags. Me and Rocky both ran to the lookout tower while the other pups were waiting or still arriving. Marshall came and him being his clumsy self trips, making us all fall and then making a funny joke. The usual. As we got our uniform, the elevator went up, and then jumped out of the elevator sitting beside each other in a line. "Paw Patrol ready for action! Ryder, Sir!" Chase said. "Thank you for arriving here fast pups. We got a big emergency on the water! A boat with 10 total passengers is sinking. We will need Zuma with your hovercraft!" Zuma said. "Ready to Dive in," I said. "I'll also need Rocky with his boat," Ryder said. "Green means go!" Rocky said. "For the last member, I'll need Skye to keep an eye on the Sky!" Ryder Said. "This pups got to fly!" Skye said.

Ryder went down the pole while Rocky and Skye went down the slide. Ryder, me, and Rocky drove to the ramp, and Ryder and Rocky turned their vehicles into their boat forms. Now we were on our way to the emergency and were closing in fast. My first step was to see how big and fast the hole was making the boat sink. In my diving uniform, I jumped into the ocean and looked around the hull. While that was happening Rocky was getting some of the people onto the boat for safety while I figure out how to fix it. I figured out we would need to fix it at the shore and would be useless to try out in the sea. All three of us towed the broken boat to shore. Ryder called Marshall to check on everyone but they were only soaking wet. I was able to help Rocky and Ryder fix the boat by holding bits still and removing water from inside the boat. After a while, the boat was fixed.

Rocky POV

After we finished the mission the Mayor came down to the beach. "Oh my! Good Job Ryder and the pups." The Mayor said. "It was all the pups," Ryder said. "It was all Zuma and his inspection of the damage to lead to the conclusion and the safety of the people and the boat," I said giving Zuma my credit and the most of the others. I did this to show when Zuma does get a call they are more dangerous and hard than the rest. "Aww, Thanks, Rocky! I appreciate that!" Zuma said. "You're welcome," I said. My plan worked, I made Zuma feel most appreciated during the rescue and when getting thanked. He might know I said that on purpose or he may not. We were now on our way back to the lookout tower and were getting ready for dinner. Ryder got all the pup food ready Rocky, Chase, Rubble and the rest ate our pup food. All the pups went to their pup houses except Zuma who now sleeps with me because he feels safe and likes sleeping with me, We were also able to get Ryder's approval with him sleeping in my pup house.

I let Zuma go into my pup house as I walked in behind him which made me closer to the door. We both laid down next to each other. "Goodnight Rocky." Zuma Said. "Goodnight Zuma" I responded as I watch him slowly fall asleep. I then fell asleep myself minutes after Zuma did.

Rocky's dream/Nightmare

I woke up in my dream and noticed that I didn't have my pup tag on so I looked around my pup house and also noticed Zuma was not there. I went to check Zuma's pup house and also did not find him there. I walked into the lookout tower and found my pup tag in the kitchen. "Must have been loose and fell off," I say to myself. I noticed that pup pup boogie was turned on, It felt strange because it is usually turned off during the night. I went up and saw a pup-like figure who looked like Zuma. "Zuma?" I said. The pup-like figure looked back and I noticed that its eyes were completely red, something you would see in a horror movie. 

I started walking back slowly and the pup-like figure started walking toward me. I ran away towards my pup house in fear and hid, the figure was following and was getting closer. The figure was at my pup house entrance as the eyes turned into a Hazel color. "Pranked you, dude! You were super scared haha!" The figure said. It was Zuma playing a prank on me, a very scary prank. "Not funny! You scared the living life out of me!" I said. "Like I said you got pranked!" He responded. "Yeah, I did! And it was not funny at all." I replied. "You should have seen your face! You were so scared." Zuma giggled. "Shush! Stop talking about it." I was starting to get annoyed about it because It did scare me but Zuma would not just stop talking about it. "Alright, Alright! I'll stop talking about it." Zuma said while continuing to laugh. After some time he finally chilled out and stopped laughing about the prank he did. Zuma was the only one laughing because It was only us two awake. Zuma used some sort of glasses to make his eyes look red and I was surprised at how well he could make them look realistic... Well, it was dark.

Zuma POV

Rocky was in the middle of sleeping and I woke up so I decided to play a prank on him. I slowly removed his pup tag and walked out of his pup house walking into the lookout tower and putting his pup tag in the kitchen. I then turned on the  TV and loaded up pup pup boogie and put some goggles on to scare Rocky. I did set an alarm clock for five minutes so Rocky should be waking up soon. Minutes later I saw Rocky looking for his pup tag and walking into the kitchen and he did find it. After another few minutes, he walked out and noticed the TV was on with pup pup boogie. He slowly walked up to it until he saw me with the red eyes I was using. He looked a little afraid but not as afraid as I wanted him to be. "Zuma?" I heard him say, I just stayed silent and started walking toward him but he didn't move It's like he knew I was playing a prank on him. "Zuma is that you?" Rocky asked. I just gave up trying to scare him. "Yes, it's me Rocky! You were supposed to be scared though!" I said. "Well, you should try harder" Rocky chuckled. When the two pups were talking the room light came on and they looked and saw...

------------

Total words: 1231