124. "i miss the part where I was falling hard for you"

CXXIV

CXXIV. FOUR SEASONS

21:79 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                         Ⅱ                         ▷

I can't tell what you're thinking

Please, tell me what you're thinking

༻───────────────༺

           BILL AND FLEUR'S COTTAGE WAS serene as it stood alone on a cliff overlooking the sea, its walls embedded with shells and whitewashed. It was a beautiful, yet lonely place and wherever Lucia went inside the tiny cottage or it's garden, she could hear the constant ebb and flow of the sea, like the breathing of some great, slumbering creature.

She spent much of her time of the next few days tending to the garden with Fleur, though that was just her mere excuse to think about the diadem and the Elder Wand that Harry had supposedly told them of how Voldemort already possessed it.

It was truly a terrifying thought: A tyrant in possession of the most powerful wand that had ever been known to the Wizarding World, being the very wand that was gifted by death themselves... a wand that had been thought to be a myth.

But it was also peculiar.

Why didn't Harry want to go head on and retrieve the wand before Voldemort did? Albeit it would be extremely dangerous, but it wouldn't be such a Harry thing to do if there wouldn't be danger and risks involved. The bizarre of him not wanting to race Voldemort for the wand indeed weirded out not only her, but Harry himself.

His decision somehow still scared him. He could not remember, ever before, choosing not to act. He was full of doubts, doubts that Ron could not help voicing whenever they were together.

"What if Dumbledore wanted us to work out the symbol in time to get the wand?" "What if working out what the symbol meant made you 'worthy' to get the Hallows?" "Harry, if that really is the Elder Wand, how the hell are we supposed to finish off You-Know-Who?"

Harry had no answers: There were moments when he wondered whether it had been outright madness not to try to prevent Voldemort breaking open the tomb. He could not even explain satisfactorily why he had decided against it: Every time he tried to reconstruct the internal arguments that had led to his decision, they sounded feebler to him.

The odd thing was that Hermione's support made him feel just as confused as Ron's doubts. Now forced to accept that the Elder Wand was real, she maintained that it was an evil object, and that the way Voldemort had taken possession of it was repellent, not to be considered.