025. "i try covering my ears but I can't fall back asleep"

XXV

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

XXV. UNBEKNOWNST

01:03 ─❁────────── 01:80

◁                         Ⅱ                         ▷

Even in my momentary dreams

The illusions that torture me are still the same

༻───────────────༺

          IT WAS THE MORNING AFTER the Hogsmeade trip, and the school was bustling with students going down for breakfast as per usual, but Lucia, who've been particularly silent since yesterday evening, went the opposite way from the others. She didn't want to be surrounded by an overwhelming crowd of chattering students and him.

She thought that at least a few hours of sleep could help cure the bubbling distress within her, but she guessed wrong, and she hated it. After the sudden revelation of whom the imposter Moody really was, her stomach wouldn't stop from doing summersaults to the point of sickening her and she couldn't help but be vigilant of everything.

Just the reminder of him made her sick, just the mere thought of him made her want to puke until it becomes unbearable.

She didn't like it.

She didn't like the fact that he was walking around the place she calls home so idly with no care in the world. She already felt unsafe as it is when he first came, but knowing whom he really was now, she felt as though her world was slowly crumbling.

He was being too nice, and that didn't sit well with her. Like, the calm before the storm.

She hated it.

Lucia sighed in distress, running her fingers through her locks, combing it down as though it was the only means to calm herself. But as much as she tried, she could not help but fidget in fright at the thought that he could be anywhere around her.

What if he already caught onto her suspicions?

The thought frightened her more as she doubled her pace, walking quicker than before until she reached the kitchen.

The cosy... cosy... kitchen. She felt like she could stay here forever, and the house-elves were all so nice — better than the humans that she had to force herself to be associated with...

"Does Miss need anything else?" Dobby asked Lucia kindly, setting down a tray of mushroom stew and garlic bread that she had asked for in front of her.

She stared at the dish in front of her blankly. Sometimes, in times like this she wished that her mum would still be with her, cooking those dishes that felt so foreign right now, to make her feel better.