Author's Note

Wow! We've reached the end! Thank you so much for reading and coming on this ONC journey with me. If you have any questions for me / thoughts about the story that you didn't leave as an in-story comment, here's a good place for them!

I plan to edit and expand the book in the future. If there's a particular part of the story that you think needs fleshing out or you'd just like more of, I'd be most interested in hearing from you. If you're interested in providing feedback as a beta reader, let me know! Otherwise, I really do appreciate constructive criticism in the comments.

If you're interested in a couple of questions that I have for readers, keep scrolling.

All the best and I wish you many magickal reading experiences in the future!

~kathrynwild

**Survey time!**

1. I'm fairly new to Wattpad and only learned about the ONC in the last week of February. Even though I lost most of the first month of writing time, I thought the contest would be the motivation I needed to finish a project. Because my story didn't have a lot of time to ruminate before I had to submit my first entry, I chose a somewhat generic title since I knew that memory would be an important through line. Having read the whole story, do you think I should stick with We Remember as the title? Any other ideas?

2. This question expands on what I asked above as far as what you'd like to see more of in a novel length book. I always planned for this novella version of the story to end with Alder Flint's funeral and the opening of the door into Faerie. At the moment, I see two obvious ways to expand the book. The first would be to continue on to Faerie. I always thought of that as more of a sequel possibility, if it was even necessary for narrative closure. What I'm leaning towards now is keeping the general structure but adding to the front and back end of the book. Slowing down the relationship between Wyn and Alder, more of the developing friendship with Lemon and Orin, more villagers, maybe we meet Rose and Early Blackthorn (are they really in the cities? Did they have any more kids?), and more everyday magick (just more of the day to day of Wyn and Pim's job). At the back end, I think getting the reactions to the revelations about Alder and Wyn from the residents of Saltash would be good. Thoughts?