No Bun in the Oven-Joe Keery

Start from the beginning

"What?" I gasped as I quickly sat up. Joe sat up too, instantly grabbing my hands and gently holding them.

"You want to stop trying to have a baby?" I barely got that question out.

"I'm not saying we stop forever," he clarified. "I'm just saying that we take a break for a while. We're putting so much pressure on ourselves and that stress could be why we aren't getting pregnant. Taking a break can help relieve the pressure."

"So you still want to have kids?" I asked, my voice soft.

He reached up and cupped my face in his hand. He used his thumb to gently rub my cheek.

"Of course I still want to have kids," he whispered, giving me chills.

* * * * *

After a lot of begging for some time off, Joe and I finally got an extended weekend. We decided to go to the mountains. We were able to rent a cabin for the weekend.

We've only been up here a day and it has definitely made a difference. We slept in, ate breakfast, binged watched a show, and did absolutely nothing important.

Too soon, the weekend was over. Tomorrow morning we were going back to LA, back to our normal life.

"Can I be honest with you?" I asked him at dinner.

"Of course," Joe smiled as he reached across the table and grabbed my hand.

"I don't really want to go home," I said slowly. "It's just. . . I've been thinking and. . . I don't know why I said that. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, gorgeous," he chuckled. "I feel the same way."

"You do?" I asked as I let out a sigh of relief.

"The last four days have been amazing," he said, slightly tightening his grip on my hand. "I've loved spending every second with you, darling, but we have to go back home. We both have jobs. And we should end our vacation on a good note."

After dinner, we headed back to our cabin and watched another movie. After the movie, we slowly got ready for bed. As we were brushing our teeth, I noticed Joe kept glancing at me.

"What's with you?" I chuckled.

"Nothing," he shrugged as he tossed his floss into the trash.

"Liar," I said with a mouth full of toothpaste.

Joe sent me his overly-innocent smile before walking out of the bathroom. I quickly finished brushing my teeth and joined Joe in bed. He was flipping through channels as I climbed into bed next to him.

"Find anything?" I asked.

"We could watch reruns of Golden Girls or we've only missed the first ten minutes of Clue."

We looked at each other and Joe smirked as he turned the tv off. He tossed the remote onto the bedside table and relaxed more into bed. He grabbed my waist and pulled me toward him.

"You know," I sighed as I snuggled into him, "I'm not super tired. Then again, we took like three naps today."

I gasped when Joe rolled us over so he was hovering on top of me. I smiled as I reached up and slid my hands up his chest until wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I can think of something we can do until we're tired."

* * * * *

A couple of days after we got home, I had a horrible feeling. I woke up with an overwhelming feeling of nausea. I bolted out of bed and ran into the bathroom.

"Y/N?" Joe called out. "Are you alright?"

As he asked that question, I fell to my knees in front of the toilet. As I emptied my stomach, Joe ran into the bathroom and knelt next to me. He instantly grabbed my hair, pulling it out of my face.

"What do you need, darling?" He asked softly.

When I was able to catch my breath, I slowly sat back. I looked over at him and we slowly widened our eyes. Without breaking our eye contact, Joe reached behind him and grabbed one of our hand towels. He reached forward and wiped my mouth for me.

"I could run to the pharmacy and get you saltines and soda water," he said gently. "And a pregnancy test."

* * * * *

We sat on the edge of our bathtub like every time before. Joe held my right hand while I held the test in my left hand. But this time as we waited for the results, things felt different.

When the timer on Joe's phone went off, we looked at each other. We sent each other reassuring smiles before looking down at the test. I started to cry when I saw the results, but not for the same reason.

We let out relieved and happy laughs as I dropped the test and wrapped my arms around my husband. He instantly wrapped his arms around me. I felt him lean down and kiss my forehead.

"I told you, beautiful," Joe whispered as he tightened his arms around me. "I told you we'd have a baby someday."