F O R T Y - T H R E E

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MAX COSTELLO

PAST
NOVEMBER 2019

Oliver planned for us to go out tonight

Oliver planned for us to go out tonight. Which was a first but I wasn't complaining or asking any questions on the matter. I just went with it before he changed his mind and wanted a night in instead.

But no, Oliver wanted to go out and have one too many tequila's and enjoy a night off. I was totally here for it, he's a lightweight so I knew I'd be there to look after him before we both ended up as messes. I wanted him to have fun, to get tipsy, to let loose.

He deserved it, especially some time away from uni work. He deserved a distraction, something to occupy his mind that wasn't art.

So we had agreed to go to a local gay bar, Oliver's new favourite since I took him to his first earlier on this year. It made him feel safe and I understood why, he could be who he wanted without people looking at him, at us.

We had a couple drinks at his place before we left, money was a little tight at the moment and Oliver had left over alcohol at his so we used that whilst we could, his eyes already turning partly red.

The cab journey was amusing, Oliver was chatting the drivers ear off which he was responding positively. I sat back and let the conversation unfold, a smile plastering its way across my face. My hand was resting against his thigh as I ran my thumb across the fabric of his trousers.

Soon we arrived outside the bar, Oliver gave the driver a warm goodbye and we step out of the car. I press my hand to the small of his back and guide him towards the door, my eyes looking at the security guard as he takes one glance at us.

"ID's." He says before flicking his eyes to Oliver.

Oliver fumbles between his pockets for his ID, mumble to himself and then stifling a laugh. I hold the plastic card up between my fingers and the guard looks at it and nods, eventually Oliver finds his own and grins up at the man.

He takes the card from Oliver's hands and glazes his eyes over the information, he chews thoroughly on a piece of gum before taking in Oliver's attire. He hums and hands the ID back before we walk into the bar.

It was lively, considering it was a Friday night. It should be.

Oliver's eyes lit up at the bright lights, neon signs, people dancing like they didn't have a care in the world.

He slips his hand into mine and directs me towards the bar where he orders two double vodkas. I knew for sure he'd be drunk, drunk after these but he wanted to let go for the night and I wanted him to have a good time.

Once we have our drinks we direct ourselves to the dance floor. I didn't really take myself for much of a dancer but I guess I could move to the beat of the song. Unlike these other guys who were practically slut dropping all over the place, then jumping into some kind of splits.