T W E N T Y

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
JUNE 2019

"Max is this completely crazy or are we actually doing this?" I question as I bite down on my thumb, my stomach growling with anxiety

We step out of the tube station, pushing past the sea of people in central London. Max smiles from beside me and slides his hand in mine and walks us down the street. "You don't have to get it done if you don't want to," he tells me.

"But I said I would," I say as my voice shakes.

His dark eyes look at me, turning soft for a second. "You have every right to change your mind when you want to Oliver, I'm not going to be mad."

I nod at his words and he squeezes my fingers gently. "It's not like they're matching or anything..." I trail off.

Max laughs from beside me. "So you're not worried about the pain?"

"No that too," I say quickly.

"Oliver," he says softly, turning my attention back to him. "I drew something and you liked it, that's all it is. They're not matching, I'm getting something completely different to you and if you don't want to get it. That's also fine."

My teeth bite down on my bottom lip suddenly as I watch him talk. "You're right," I agree with him. "You've just drawn it, maybe it would be weirder if a stranger drew something for me."

"Exactly," he squeezes my hand again. "And besides, this would be the best graduation present ever."

"Okay," I breathe out shakily. "I'll do it."

"I won't hold you to that until we're there," he chuckles quietly and I duck my head, he was right. So right.

I change my mind like the wind, but that's okay. It's okay to change your mind, that's what being a human is. Making last minute changes.

After walking down the high street for five minutes we stop outside the tattoo parlour. "Is this where you always come?"

Max shakes his head. "Not always, I like getting my tattoos from different places. But I've had a couple here and they're super good."

"They better be," I say under my breath but Max caught it as he smiles and shakes his head.

With his spare hand he pushes open the shop door and allows me to walk in first. The walls were painted in a light spread of olive green, plants and flowers stuck to the walls and random designs dotted all around.

"Hey Max," a guy emerges from the back room.

"Hey man," he says as he takes a step forward and gives him a hug. "This is my boyfriend Oliver."