seventeen; the escape

Lennie Nelson was not one to be tricked. Pulling one over on her was unheard of. Fooling her? Nonexistent. Lennie was very much the plotter. Not the one plotted against. Another thing that she was? Clingy.

Parker had spent most of the day getting ridiculed for going to Drew's, for seeing Drew, for drunk driving, etc. She was getting a bit bored hearing the same points over and over, and began to tune her out, plotting an escape to go see what Drew had wanted her for. So once again, tricking Lennie was not going to be easy. However, Parker did have her ways. One of them being her uncontrollable temper.

"Isn't this what you wanted?! Wasn't this the entire Chase and Lennie plan to begin with?" Parker interrupted, Lennies mouth instantly stopping mid sentence as she looked at Parker in disbelief. She wasn't wrong, it had been a variant of the plan, the original plan being for them to jsut make up and be civil towards one another. Lennie shook her head, furrowing her eyebrows as she wondered how Parker couldn't see the issue here.

"No! That was not the plan. We wanted you two to get over each other, find some closure so we could all hang out again. I'll take the blame for this one Parker for sure. It was my bad to think you were mature enough to move on like a real adult!" Lennies words stung, Parker feeling them deep in her bones. It seemed to be a running theme amongst them all that she was just an immature hothead who could never actually change. That's what they all seemed to believe. Parker took a moment to think, nodding her head to herself as she decided that if they were going to paint her as the villain, she was going to play the part.

"Lennie! Can you just leave me alone for a fucking minute?!" The outbursts weren't uncommon, but she still didn't like them very much. To add to the drama Parker stood, walking past the other girl and slamming her bedroom door, giving Lennie the hint to leave. She stood in the living room, her lip curling up in some kind of disgust as she stared at the door that had just been slammed. Would she leave? Yes. Did she trust Parker not to do something stupid? No. Lennie was never one to not consider all the possibilities of what could happen, so she walked slowly towards Parkers door as she meticulously planned out what she was going to say. She stopped in front of the door, Parker able to see the outline of her shoes from the inside.

"Fine Parker...I'll leave. But I swear to God himself that if I find out you texted, called, or went to Drews I'm fucking done with you. You hear me? Done." She let a short serious huff, Parker feeling the intensity of her words through the door. She waited for Lennies footsteps to retreat, the girls breathing having picked up due to the thoughts running rampant through her head of what exactly would happen if she did go. She could imagine the anger that would be taken out on her, the way that Lennie would take this as a betrayal beyond all betrayals. But Parker knew that she had to  go to Drews, and that if she didn't, she would regret it probably for the rest of her life.

Parker crawled out of her bed where she had gone to fake mope, the girl walking towards her bedroom door and opening it. She peeked her head outside, making sure Lennie had truly left before she fully exited her room. She headed straight for the home phone that was sitting on the kitchen countertop, the girl grabbing it and already starting to dial. She lifted it to her ear, waiting patiently for the person on the other side to pick up.

"Devins Taxi Service, you need a ride?"

:::

Parker stood outside of Drew's apartment with a dark hoodie on, the girls hood covering her head as she waved at the man driving the taxi. She was nervous, she was sober and going to Drews house. Of course she was nervous.

She headed inside, heading to the familiar staircase and into the hallway that his apartment was located in. Standing in front of the door was a feat that she wasn't prepared to endure, she hadn't ever expected it to be this hard to just stand there. However she was thoroughly surprised when she soon found out that knocking was even harder, her hand balled into a fist at her side as she let out a shaky breath. Her paranoid hit her in waves, the girl staring down at her shoes and the crack in the bottom of the door, her heartbeat picking up speed as she tried to work up the courage she needed to knock.

"Drew?" She called instead, unable to bring herself to lift her hand.

Drew heard the faint voice from the living room, his head turning as he wondered if it was her. He stood from his spot on the couch, stepping warily towards the door and opening it. On the other side was just the person he did and did not want to see, Parker, who looked scared and nervous and terrified and angry in one big bundle of expressions on her face. He contemplated if this was a bad idea or not, if he should let her in even though he was the one who invited her. He took a step to the side, the doorway opening for her to escape into it, both of them already feeling the consequences of their actions. Drew stepped into the hallway, looking both ways before closing the door and turning to look at her.

In order for his secret plan to work he had to do a few things. First was get Parker on board, which he thought was going to be the easiest part do the entire thing. She was on board and she didn't even know what the plan was yet. Second, he had to keep Parker from slipping up to Lennie. This was harder, because Lennie was always around, and Parker told her everything. He needed to stress that this had to be a secret, or it wouldn't work at all. Third, he had to be extremely careful to keep this from the media. Parker was getting more famous by the minute, and he needed to make sure no one saw them together. And fourth, he had to give himself the ability to forgive her, so that he could have another chance with her.

Parker was sat on the couch, her leg bouncing nervously as Drew walked over to her. He sat on the coffee table in front of her, dropping his head into his hands for only a moment before reaching out and grabbing her knee, Drew unable to make eye contact with her. He thought for a moment that he could jsut come up with something else to say, not propose his plan to her, but he couldn't, because he knew that if he didn't have her again by the time she left he was going to go insane. He needed her, just like he needed air to breath and water to survive. She was a necessity. He sighed one more time, looking up into her confused and expectant eyes and nodding his head.

"I want to get back together, Parker."