three; the phone call

The over dramatic gasp was enough to make Parker jump, the girl looking over at her best friend with confusion. Lennie had her hand on her chest, her eyes wide as she stared down at her phone, Parker looking at her in confusion.

"What?" Lennie immediately gulped, the girl cutting her phone off and looking up as if nothing had happened. Only Parker could practically see the sweat gathering on her friends face, her eyes narrowing as she watched Lennie begin to form the lie in her mouth.

Parker was faster than the other girl, jumping up from the couch and running over to her, her hand gripping the Nelson girls phone and ripping it from her hands. Lennie tried to get it back, knowing what  would happen if Parker saw what she had seen.

But it was too late, Parker had already unlocked the phone, her eyes falling on the Instagram picture. Her mouth dropped open, her lips parting in shock as she read the caption on Drew Starkeys posts.

"You're fucking kidding me." Parker muttered out, Lennie already seeing the fire behind her eyes.

"It's- it's not that bad. He's just...it's Drew, P. Just ignore it." Parker looked up at her friend like she was a maniac, gesturing towards the phone as she scrolled through the comments, her face already turning red as she pushed her hair behind her ear.

"Ignore it? Ignore it?! He literally called me out directly. He's—these comments are dragging my ass. He's fucking me over again!"

"It's just an Instagram post P...it doesn't matter."

"Yes it fucking does."

"I think you're just upset because it's Drew..."

"Of course I'm upset because it's Drew!" Parker said, handing Lennie her phone back as she scowled at the floor. She contemplated what to do, where to go from here, Lennie recognizing this distant state as the one she always held before she had a bad decision moment, the girl already preparing for damage control.

Parker stood from her spot, walking into the kitchen and grabbing her own phone off the charger.

"Now think before you do this Parker. You're gonna regret it."

"Sh. It's fine." She shut her down, typing a number into the dial pad and immediately pressing the green call button. Her eyes closed as she lifted the phone to her ear, her heart pounding angrily in her chest as she waited for the answer from the other side. On the last ring the phone clicked, an immediate sigh sounding from the other side of the line as the person spoke.

"Hey Parker." This immediately set the girl off, the pacing beginning as she started to argue.

"Don't 'hey' me Drew! You know why I'm fucking calling. Don't be shitty okay?! What was that post about?" There was another sigh from the other side, Drew shaking his head as he regretted answering the phone.

"Yes it's nice to hear from you too Parker. Sorry I haven't talked to you in a while, I was too busy talking shit and jumping to conclusions." Parker felt her chest tighten with anger at his words, knowing that it was her fault but still feeling the need to blame him.

"Well did I lie?" Parker said , instantly regretting it, knowing that she was just making matters worse.

"Why the hell are you calling me Parker? To put me down? Berate me? Tell me again that I was a shitty boyfriend? If that's the case I've already heard it...a million times from you." Drew said, wanting to hang up but knowing that if he did it would just make things worse. Everybody knew about Parker's crazy temper, especially him.